Upright is the leading workforce training platform used by colleges, universities, and companies to upskill and reskill workers into high-paying digital careers. Our mission is to establish a network of organizations that collectively serve as the foremost change agent in advancing workforce prosperity. Our innovative approach has garnered recognition from leading institutions, investors, and companies. Now, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Program Manager to help us take our company to the next level.
Location: NYC (in office 3 days/week)
Why Work at Upright?
- A mission-driven organization dedicated to making a difference.
- Work alongside a team of insanely talented professionals.
- Backed by the biggest names in the industry.
As a Program Manager at Upright Education, you will be at the forefront of ensuring the successful operation of our remote bootcamps and online educational programs. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day program operations and ensuring learner success. This multifaceted role involves the management of processes, such as recruitment and supervision of instructional staff, comprehensive onboarding and training programs, scheduling and program coordination, comprehensive reporting, resolution of learner escalations, management of technical program-related challenges, policy development, and other responsibilities essential to the seamless delivery of our educational initiatives. This role demands flexibility, including evening availability, to oversee programs effectively.
Program Operations Management
- Take charge of program operations, managing the day-to-day execution of remote bootcamps and online programs.
- Maintain program schedules, ensuring that all key milestones are achieved as planned including learner orientations, communications, guest speakers, and events.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams to ensure the seamless coordination of program activities.
- Maintain accurate learner communication and documentation.
- Proactively resolve escalated issues involving staff and learners.
- Identify program issues and establish lasting organizational policies for solutions.
Staffing and Development
- Spearhead the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of instructional staff, including instructors and teaching assistants.
- Develop, implement, and continually refine instructor training materials to equip instructional staff with the skills, knowledge, and industry best practices necessary for effective teaching and support.
Instructional Staff Management:
- Foster a collaborative environment within the education department.
- Establish instructor performance expectations and conduct regular evaluations to maintain high teaching and support standards.
- Facilitate the dissemination of policy updates, program changes, training materials, and relevant information to education staff to enhance efficiency and reduce disruptions within the education department.
- Ensure education staff adhere to Upright policies and procedures, including learner escalation policies, program transfers, grading, feedback surveys, and data management.
- Regularly update relevant training materials and policy documents for the department.
- Maintain documentation of staff performance from teaching observations and learner feedback.
Performance Evaluation and Reporting
- Maintain on-time reporting, data accuracy, and meticulous tracking.
- Consistently generate comprehensive reports on program performance metrics, learner satisfaction, feedback results, instructor effectiveness, and learner escalations.
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform decision-making processes and offer solutions-oriented feedback to enhance program quality.
- Provide reports as needed to other departments on program operations, staffing pipeline, scheduling, and additional relevant information.
Learner Support and Satisfaction
- Foster a supportive learning community among students, promoting engagement and collaboration.
- Proactively address and resolve student escalations with sensitivity and efficiency, ensuring documentation of all correspondence and actions taken.
- Assist education staff as needed to resolve learner issues.
- provide guidance on student support policies to staff members as needed.
- Implement a system to track and document learner escalations and support issues.
Program Setup & Technical Support:
- Strive to create a user-friendly and engaging online learning environment.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of all learning platforms, tools, communication channels, and technologies used in relation to program operations.
- Be available to identify and resolve program-related technical issues swiftly as needed.
- Ensure that students have uninterrupted access to essential tools and resources.
- Monitor and perform administrative tasks on learner communication channels including Zoom, Discord, Slack, sharing resources and support as needed.
- Establish and maintain robust quality assurance processes to continually enhance program effectiveness.
- Conduct regular teaching observations and performance reviews to assess instructor performance and program health.
- Evaluate learner and instructor feedback and identify areas for improvement and champion necessary changes to optimize the learning experience.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
- Proven team leadership and management abilities.
- A strong customer-centric approach.
- Honesty and integrity in all interactions.
- Effective prioritization and delegation skills.
- Commitment to following through on commitments.
- Adaptability to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong ability to follow directions and implement systems.
- Data-driven and systems-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in relevant technology systems.
- Respectful communication with team members and self-awareness.
- Commitment to work ethic and excellence.
- Openness to giving and receiving constructive feedback and criticism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of personalities.
- Strong project management skills.
- 3-5 years experience in educational program management.
- Previous success in team leadership and management.
- Strong technological competence.
- Remote team management experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge (but not necessarily experience) in the application of content practices including software development, UX-UI Design, Data Analytics, Tech Sales, and Digital Marketing.