Senior Strategic Account Executive
Prefect is the open-source data workflow automation platform. Our remote first company is singularly focused on this vision, and every team member directly contributes to its advancement. Every role solves a problem, and everyone can see exactly how their work helps achieve our mission.
To that end, we've carefully created a supportive, high-performance culture - the operating system of our company - that empowers our team to do the best work of their careers and achieve their personal and professional aspirations.
We are looking for folks who want to join a remote-first team #LI-Remote to build an equally amazing company and product.
At Prefect, we're on a journey to revolutionize data workflows, and we're looking for a Strategic Account Executive to be an important part of this adventure.
You'll help drive our revenue growth and scaling our business as we ambitiously advance upmarket. Your expertise in B2B software sales, will enable you to close new business and expand existing accounts. Your focus will lead the full sales lifecycle from prospecting your own leads to discovery to close. You will build relationships with technical decision makers, C-level executives, users, and our internal engineering and marketing teams along the way. You will also be responsible for deeply understanding and empathizing with customers needs.
You will work with autonomy and trust, directly influence the growth of our company, experiment while learning, and work with a group of talented, supportive and caring Prefectionists who are deeply invested in your success and growth.
You will report to our SVP of Sales and Success, Anthony.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the full sales lifecycle process from plan to close by identifying, cultivating, and closing new business while meeting or exceeding assigned quota
- Build and maintain a pipeline of leads from your own outbound efforts alongside those of the Marketing team while deeply understanding customer goals and objectives, and analyzing where Prefect can add value
- Become a Prefect subject matter expert to empathize with customer/user needs, and explain our pillars of value to technical decision makers, users, and customers
- Partner with our Sales Engineering and Customer Success teams to oversee both pre- and post-sales motion
- Focus on joint success with senior technical decision makers and C-level clients by building and managing complex relationships with Enterprise clients
- 4+ years of experience in B2B SaaS sales, selling complex developer tools (ideally on prem solutions)
- You're ambitious- you have a proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding quota on a consistent basis, and consistently finishing at the top of the leaderboard
- You have experience selling to obtain new business and expand existing business- your closing skills are essential
- You can identify important players in organizations, and build those relationships- you genuinely enjoy finding solutions to address customer pain points
- You're product obsessed, and empathetic- you understand the value of Prefect and can articulate our value
- You enjoy a challenge, and you succeed in a high-growth startup environment
- You're tenacious- sales can be a long process, but you continue to push forward and avoid inertial thinking whenever possible
- You have experience with sales resources such as: Salesforce CRM, Outreach.io, MEDDPICC, and Sandler Training
What You'll Get in Return:
We take care of our team- our benefits are top-notch so that employees can work comfortably from wherever in the world they call home. Check out some of our most exciting benefits offered below.
- Remote-first team with flexible-first culture
- Equity Stock Options
- 401(k) with 5% company match (vests immediately!)
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability benefits
- $800 remote work stipend for whatever you need to work (food, wellness, equipment etc.)
And that is just the start, there's more! For more info check out our top-of-the-line benefits and perks on our careers page.
The U.S. general salary range including base and variable pay for this full-time position is $150,000-$250,000, however, our commission is uncapped. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and work location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Your recruiter can share more about the salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please keep in mind that equity is not included in the range provided above and will represent a significant part of your total compensation. Benefits and any bonus or incentive compensation is also not included in the range provided above.
Belongingness at Prefect:
Belongingness at Prefect is our commitment to ensuring mutual power, access, and opportunity among all groups and individuals who make up our community. We operationalize belongingness through actions large and small on a daily basis, but always with the goal that all groups and individuals can contribute as their most authentic self to the evolution of our product, our team, and our community.
Belongingness is also our commitment to bridge with individuals or groups not yet established in our community, acknowledge differences in a way that affirms distinct identities, and allows for a new, more expansive group identity to form.
Equal Opportunity at Prefect:
Prefect is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression), national origin, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Sarah is a real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application.