Developer Relations Content & Community Manager
Prefect, the open-source data workflow automation platform. Our remote first company is singularly focused on this vision, and every team member directly contributes to its advancement. Every role solves a problem, and everyone can see exactly how their work helps achieve our mission.
To that end, we've carefully created a supportive, high-performance culture - the operating system of our company - that empowers our team to do the best work of their careers and achieve their personal and professional aspirations.
We are looking for folks who want to join a remote-first team #LI-Remote to build an equally amazing company and product. In deciding whether to apply for a role at Prefect, consider whether your values align with ours.
Prefect is looking for a Dev Rel Content and Community Manager to join our small but mighty marketing team to work closely with the data engineering community and to regularly write and publish engaging technical content, from tutorials and how-to’s to thought leadership and observation pieces.
You will report to our Director of Growth Marketing, Sarah.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re passionate about simplifying technical products and concepts through writing so that more people can use them. You’re happy to be in the spotlight, engaging across social channels in the broader conversation. You frequently come up with ideas about how to put a unique spin on what you’re seeing in the market, and like to write or record those ideas and see how others engage with them. You love to run fast with a tight, scrappy team and are eager to help us build the future of data orchestration and observability.
What You'll Do:
- Produce clear, and accurate technical content to showcase the power of our product at a pace of two core pieces per month.
- Collaborate closely with developers, engineers, and product teams to gather information and ensure the accuracy of technical content.
- Contribute to the development of content strategies that enhance developer experience and promote the adoption of our products.
- Engage with the developer community through various channels such as Reddit and Slack to understand their needs and preferences and advocate for Prefect’s product in an authentic way.
- Be a liaison between developers and internal teams, advocating for improved documentation and user experience.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of SQL, Python, and relevant infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, etc) to create code samples, tutorials, and (at times) documentation that resonate with developers using our platform.
- Stay actively involved in the data space, keeping up-to-date with industry trends, tools, and best practices.
- Understand the work of data engineers and platform teams to tailor content, tutorials and documentation to their specific needs.
- 2+ years professional experience as an engineer or in a developer relations or technical writing role
- Proven experience as a technical writer, with a portfolio showcasing documentation in the technology space
- Advanced proficiency in Python programming
- Experience in Developer Relations or a similar role, engaging directly with developer communities
- Familiarity with data engineering concepts, tools, and processes
- Ability to articulate complex technical information clearly
- Experience collaborating and working with cross functional teams
What You'll Get in Return:
We take care of our team- our benefits are top-notch so that employees can work comfortably from wherever in the world they call home. Check out some of our most exciting benefits offered below.
- Remote-first team with flexible-first culture
- Equity Stock Options
- 401(k) with 5% company match (vests immediately!)
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability benefits
- $800 remote work stipend for whatever you need to work (food, wellness, equipment etc.)
And that is just the start, there's more! For more info check out our top-of-the-line benefits and perks on our careers page.
The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $144,000-$193,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and work location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Your recruiter can share more about the salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please keep in mind that equity is not included in the range provided above and will represent a significant part of your total compensation. Benefits and any bonus or incentive compensation is also not included in the range provided above.
Belongingness at Prefect:
Belongingness at Prefect is our commitment to ensuring mutual power, access, and opportunity among all groups and individuals who make up our community. We operationalize belongingness through actions large and small on a daily basis, but always with the goal that all groups and individuals can contribute as their most authentic self to the evolution of our product, our team, and our community.
Belongingness is also our commitment to bridge with individuals or groups not yet established in our community, acknowledge differences in a way that affirms distinct identities, and allows for a new, more expansive group identity to form.
Equal Opportunity at Prefect:
Prefect is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression), national origin, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.