At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our affordable and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Network Engineer, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Picnic is a tech-driven company. With an innovative app and intelligent algorithms, we deliver groceries to an ever-expanding customer base. Outstanding customer service and on-time delivery scores require a robust network infrastructure. That’s where you come in! You’ll use your advanced skills and experience to ensure superb network availability and performance in all Picnic’s locations (offices, warehouses, and public cloud).
Day-to-day, you’ll design, build, monitor, and maintain our growing network and internet infrastructure. We run advanced Warehouse Management Systems and a fleet of electric vans that operate to strict deadlines. With hard work and quick thinking, you’ll fix problems and respond to direct calls on network issues. Everything is aimed to ensure system availability and reliability to guarantee the delivery of groceries across three countries. Within that scope, we offer a lot of freedom to shine, take ownership, and lead projects the way you see fit.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Build and maintain a highly resilient network for more than 100 locations
- Support and improve our WAN and Public Cloud connectivity
- Continuously assist with improving the reliability, redundancy, security, and fault tolerance of our network infrastructure
- Build and maintain a knowledge base of our infrastructure and deployments
- Establish cohesive and structured troubleshooting with all 3rd parties
- Own network deployments projects from design, installation, and operations
- Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, and Juniper
- Switching, routing, wireless, and security
- Meraki and Zabbix monitoring
- Network automation using Python and Ansible
- AWS Public cloud networking VPCs
⭐ About you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a related technical field
- CCNP or JNCIP level certification or similar level network experience in operating and maintaining LAN, WAN networks
- Experience with concepts of 802.1Q, 802.11ac, DHCP, DNS, routing, Switching, and firewalls
- Deployment and troubleshooting experience of large wireless networks.
- Familiar with AWS networking concepts
- Python automation experience using tools like Ansible and GIT
- Project management skills and familiarity with Jira
- Strong communication skills in English and preferably one other European language as well
- Driver's license and willingness to travel to sites across Netherlands, Germany, and France
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including our Lunch & Learn sessions and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self, as well as 25 vacation days per year so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.