General Ledger (GL) Accountant
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate GL Accountant, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
We're looking for a GL Accountant who can combine first-class accounting skills with an eye for detail and a problem-solving mindset. As an innovative thinker, you constantly generate your own ideas. As we’re building the best-in-class Finance function, you're able to think about the finance domain of the future enabled by our technology instead of just executing a finance role. You also have a healthy appetite for calculated risks, an enabler not a blocker!
You're confident and take ownership of your projects, but also collaborate with and motivate your colleagues in helping to build a scalable finance domain of the future!
🎯 What you’ll do
- Take ownership of General Ledger accounts and perform periodical checks that ensure the quality of reporting
- Show a hands-on mentality in our daily finance operations
- Not shying away from going into the details and tech solutions to identify errors and come up with improvements
- Work closely with other Finance team members on projects regarding improvement of our internal processes and controls
- Review and challenge our operations teams in their periodic reports
- Support in year-end and audit tasks
⭐ About you
- University degree in Finance, Economics and/or Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in a Finance / Accounting related role
- Strong analytical skills, structured and accurate
- Excellent MS Excel and data analysis skills
- Interest in Tech-integration & Tech-solutions
- ERP-system knowledge (Workday is a plus)
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbal and written
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.