Cash & Receivables Specialist
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Cash & Receivables Specialist, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
A growing company means a growing number of payments! We're looking for a Cash & Receivables Specialist who can manage daily cash reconciliations with an eye for detail and in the meanwhile, think along with our team how to improve our collection of Receivables. You'll manage daily cash reconciliations with an eye for detail and in the meanwhile, think along with our team how to improve our collection of Receivables. You enjoy to ‘own’ a clean cash reconciliation and working together with other teams on improvements of the Cash & Receivables process on a daily basis. Other activities that could be covered in this role involve management of credit cards, assisting in the weekly cash reporting, managing periodical intercompany settlements, liaising with clients, suppliers and our teams and taking part in our continuous Finance improvement projects.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Take ownership of cash reconciliations
- Perform basic analysis on Picnic’s cash and receivables balances
- Review and challenge our operations teams in their periodic reports
- Show hands-on mentality in our daily finance operations
- Support other Finance teams in providing cash-reporting
- Owner of the periodical intercompany settlements
⭐ About you
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Bookkeeping
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, structured and accurate
- Beyond basic MS Excel and data analysis skills
- ERP-system knowledge (Workday is a plus)
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbal and written
- Out-of-the-box thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.