People Operations Analyst - Internship (H/F)
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re passionate about a career in data analytics and consulting and are driven to succeed, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Paris office and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Did you know that...
- We operate with a fleet of electric vehicles, built most of our supply chain in-house, and offer next-day delivery for a sustainable supply chain model?
- We've raised an impressive €600M in our Series D round of funding to continue building and growing the best milkman service on earth?
- We develop over 25 tech products in-house and work on more than 20 AI/ML projects, including drop times optimization, article demand forecasting, and personalization for previously purchased items?
🎯 What you’ll do
First things first: The role of an intern at Picnic is a versatile one. From day one, you’ll coordinate a personal project in a holistic and sustainable way and play a crucial role in Picnic’s business model. It’s important to us that you run the whole project from initiation to implementation.
You’ll get to be part of the People Ops team and will work closely with colleagues from Germany, the Netherlands, and France. You’ll have a mentor who will be supporting you during your whole Picnic journey, standing ready for any personal or professional challenges coming your way!
The People Ops team at Picnic plays a vital role in shaping the company's culture and ensuring the well-being and success of its employees. The team is at the forefront of managing and optimising the workforce, which is critical for Picnic's rapid growth and sustainability.
As a People Ops analyst Intern at Picnic, you'll gain hands-on experience by working alongside experienced colleagues in our Strategy & Analytics team. You will use tools like Excel, SQL, and Python to:
- Design and build dashboards to support leadership on people management
- Define and implement a scheduling strategy to optimally allocate workforce to workload
- Ensure reliable and smooth HR process with automation
- Provide data analysis on People metrics such as well-being, outflow, retention etc, to assess project success
- Communicate effectively with different teams to deliver impactful and sustainable solutions
⭐ About you
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s program in a quantitative field of study, such as in Mathematics, AI, Econometrics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team
- You are fluent in both verbal and written English and French is a plus
- You have EU citizenship or a valid visa to work in the EU
- Availability: at least 5 months for a regular internship
If you want to discover more about Picnic in France, check out our Welcome to the Jungle page: https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/picnic