At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a tech-savvy Product Owner, we’re offering you the opportunity to join one of our diverse teams at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
Due to the continuous scale up phase, there's a few different product teams looking for Product Owners here at Picnic, like Warehouse Systems or Network team! During the recruitment process, we will understand together what your strengths are, what you can still learn and develop, and what team would be your perfect match.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Take ownership of your team's products, including vision, ideation, development, launch, growth, and maintenance
- Conduct user research and analysis to gain a deep understanding of the needs and wants of our customers and/or employees, and identify areas of improvement
- Define and maintain the product roadmap in alignment with business stakeholders and our other product teams
- Build and support a highly effective team in a rapidly growing organization, together with your technical counterpart
- Foster an environment in which your team can excel
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience: 2-4 years in a product-led organization, ideally building logistics related products
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills, the mindset of having data and tech at the core of everything we do
- You're deeply passionate about shipping great products with great user experiences
- You have solid interpersonal and collaborative skills to interact with different stakeholders
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team in English
- You have a valid EU working permit
⭐ Do you want to hear more about us? Check our videos here!
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.