Junior Business Analyst
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Junior Business Analyst, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team in Paris and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Did you know that...
- we are a Dutch company founded in 2015 and active in The Netherlands, Germany and France, counting 1000+ talents in our central offices and more than 17 000 talents in operations across three countries?
- we build 25+ tech products in-house and 20+ AI/ML projects like drop times optimization (read here), article demand forecast or personalization on the previously purchased articles?
- we operate with a fleet of electric vehicles (read here), build most of our supply chain in-house (read here) and do only next-day delivery that allows us to set up a sustainable supply chain model?
- we raised €600M in our Series D round of funding to further build and grow the best milkman on earth?
🎯 What you’ll do
You’ll work on a wide range of exciting projects, which, depending on your team, might include:
- Perform analyses on our store assortment and products ranking
- Perform fleet analyses and capacity modeling
- Develop algorithms and operating procedures to spot damaged products before they leave the warehouse
- Demand forecasting: Develop forecasting models to predict future customer demand
- Determine the impact of improving our planning and routing algorithms in our supply-chain systems
- . . . and many more projects!
Take a look at two of our projects in Strategy & Analytics: Picnic plays it cool: a data-driven cold chain for groceries and Finding Product Alternatives at Picnic!
"I'm currently improving our pricing strategy in an ever changing market. This includes analyzing price differences across regions, stores and products to identify opportunities and work towards a more attractive, competitive and profitable assortment. My day mixes anything from meeting various stakeholders to deep analysis with Python, SQL, Tableau", Gertijn Kreijenbroek
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering (e.g. Industrial, Production, Space, Mechanical, or related), Statistics, Analytics or Physics
- 0-2 years of work experience in fields such as (but not restricted to) technology, supply chain, or consulting, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- You have worked with SQL and Python or you are excited to learn
- You can tackle complex challenges with a data-driven, people-oriented, and entrepreneurial mindset
- You are fluent in both verbal and written English
- EU citizenship or valid visa to work in the EU
If you want to discover more about Picnic in France, check out our Welcome to the Jungle page: https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/picnic