Shift Lead & Process Improvement Specialist
Do you have experience as a Team Leader, Shift Manager or Warehouse Supervisor? Stop looking, we are looking for you! As a Shift Lead & Process Improvement Specialist at Picnic you will be responsible for the daily operations in our Fulfillment Center. You are essential in the process of the customers receiving their groceries on time! Next to that, you will be working on improvement projects to increase the efficiency in the Fulfillment Center.
This vacancy is open in several Fulfillment Centers (FCs). You can work in Utrecht, Eindhoven, Ridderkerk, Zaandam, Apeldoorn, Berkel en Rodenrijs, Dordrecht and Heerenveen. We prefer someone who is open to multiple locations.
What's happening in our Fulfilment Centers?
Every day we collect thousands of groceries for our customers in the Fulfilment Centers (FCs). The collected groceries are sent to our Hubs. Sometimes more than 250 people are working in one FC. Everybody is doing the best they can to get the groceries on time to our customers. Shoppers are responsible for collecting the groceries. Furthermore, there are different Leadership roles to smoothen the operation, such as a Captain (or Teamleider) leading a group of shoppers. Everyone works in shifts, since the FC runs from the early morning till late in the evening.
🔥 What will you do as a Shift Lead & Process Improvement Specialist?
As a Shift Lead & Process Improvement Specialist, or "Supervisor" as we say at Picnic, you have approximately three Supervisor days and two office days per week. On the Supervisor days, you will make sure the daily operations runs smoothly. You make sure the trucks leave on time and that every order is 100% complete. When something appears to become a problem, you stay calm and know how to fix it in no time. You will do this together with a team of Captains. You’re motivating and coaching the team and contributing to a happy and comfortable work environment!
On the office days, you will be working on projects to improve the processes in the FC. These projects are data-driven and you will be the project manager responsible for the implementation of the improvements. You will work together with different teams within Picnic.
Also, you will be the team lead to a number of people in your FC. You will check in with them regularly and you’re responsible for their review. Together you form a strong team!
⭐What makes you the ideal Shift Lead & Process Improvement Specialist?
- HBO (Bachelors) degree related to Supply Chain, Logistics/Fulfillment or Hotel- and Event Management;
- 1 to 6 years of relevant experience, for example as a Team Lead;
- You’re a quick thinker and can analyze a problem in no-time;
- You have experience with analyzing data in Excel / Google Sheets, and you're able to run your own improvement projects
- You’re full time available and flexible in working hours. We work with two different Supervisor shifts. You will start at 05:30 in the morning or you start at 13:30 in the afternoon (the times differ per location)
- Fluency in English, and preferably also Dutch
🍩What does Picnic offer you?
- Salary, depending on your experience;
- 25 vacation days;
- Lease car (when travelling >15 km to work) or travel allowance or “ov-trajectkaart”;
- We will start saving for your retirement;
- Training program to further improve your leadership skills;
- Discount on Swapfiets, so you can bike to work;
- Freshly prepared free lunch or dinners by our Chef and Canteen employees;
- A young, innovative start-up culture with more than 50 nationalities! We offer a lot of fun team activities, after work drinks, Picnic’s yearly festival, Christmas celebration and much more!
Excited? Apply now! Hope to see you soon! *You can apply with a short video instead of writing a cover letter
Are you interested in this job role, but do you still have some questions you would like to ask before applying, or are you interested in joining a tour before your application process? You can send Merel an e-mail with your resume and your questions!