Do you have at least 6 months experience as a Team Lead, Shift Leader, or Manager? Then we need you! As a Team Lead at Picnic, you’ll be responsible for coaching, motivating, and leading a team of Shoppers. As well as ensuring your team works well together to achieve their daily goals, you’ll help create a happy working environment!
🏢 What’s happening in our Fulfillment Centers?
Every day, we collect thousands of groceries in our Fulfillment Centers (FCs). The groceries are then sent to our Hubs, and from there they’re delivered via our electric vehicles to our happy customers. In one FC, there could be more than 400 employees working per day, with everyone contributing to an on-time and efficient service. Shoppers are responsible for collecting the groceries, and a Team Lead is responsible for a group of Shoppers.
🚀 What will you do as a Team Lead?
A Team Lead, or “Captain” as we say at Picnic, is responsible for leading a team of Shoppers and creating a pleasant work atmosphere where people are working together towards the same goal. When something appears to become a problem, you know how to fix it in no time! Together with the other Captains and the Supervisor, you ensure that the goals of the day are achieved.
You’re also supporting a group of Shoppers with their personal development, taking the time to listen to them and providing help where needed. As you’ll be the one who knows your team the best, you’ll be responsible for their reviews, providing feedback about various aspects of their performance. As a Team Lead, you’ll create a real team spirit and make working at Picnic feel like a party!
💪🏻 What makes you the ideal Team Lead?
- At least 6 months of leadership experience
- Strong ability to motivate and coach team members
- Available for 32 to 38 hours per week and flexible in working hours (FYI, Team Leads start at either 5:30am or at 2:30pm — times differ per location)
- Available for at least 4 out of 8 weekend days (per 4-week period)
- Fluency in English (and preferably also in Dutch)
⭐️ What does Picnic offer you?
- A gross starting salary that falls in the range of 2664 and 2837 euros per month, including holiday allowance. During a six-monthly review, we will reflect on your performance and also discuss your salary.
- Free lunch or dinner, freshly prepared by our chef and canteen employees
- 25 vacation days per year
- We will start saving for your retirement
- Travel allowance from €0.21 per km if you live further than 10 km from the FC
- Training program to further improve your leadership skills
- Discount on Swapfiets so you can bike to work
- As a young, innovative, start-up culture with more than 50 nationalities, you’ll never be short of variety. We’ve got plenty of cool stuff to fill your social calendar, including after-work drinks, sports groups, boardgame evenings, our legendary Picnic festival, company ski trip, and much more!
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply now using the form below. *If you prefer, you can also apply with a short video taken with your mobile phone, instead of writing a cover letter.
Are you interested in this role but still have some questions for the recruiter? You can contact email@example.com