Data Analyst - Pricing & Promotions (m/w/d)
🥜 In a nutshell
Did you know that...
- we are a Dutch company founded in 2015 and active in The Netherlands, Germany and France, counting 1000+ talents in our central offices and more than 17 000 talents in operations across three countries?
- we build 25+ tech products in-house and 20+ AI/ML projects like drop times optimization (read here), article demand forecast or personalization on the previously purchased articles?
- we operate with a fleet of electric vehicles (read here), build most of our supply chain in-house (read here) and do only next-day delivery that allows us to set up a sustainable supply chain model?
- we raised €600M in our Series D round of funding to further build and grow the best milkman on earth?
"I'm currently improving our pricing strategy in an ever changing market. This includes analyzing price differences across regions, stores and products to identify opportunities and work towards a more attractive, competitive and profitable assortment. My day mixes anything from meeting various stakeholders mostly from commercial team to complex analysis while using Python, SQL, Tableau", Gertijn Kreijenbroek, Data Analyst Commercial
E-commerce | Python | SQL | Scale up | Analytics
🎯 What you’ll do
As a Data Analyst - Pricing & Promotions, you'll work on a wide range of exciting projects, among which:
- you'll analyze, withdraw insights and optimize our online store assortment and decide on best pricing strategies
- you'll determine concrete action points from the data and act upon them by real-life implementation
- you'll work with various databases, A/B testing, reporting & visualization to get your stakeholders on board
- you'll join learning and development opportunities and work with colleagues across countries to build the best commercial strategies
- . . . and many more!
Take a look at two of our projects in Strategy & Analytics: Picnic plays it cool: a data-driven cold chain for groceries and Finding Product Alternatives at Picnic!
⭐ About you
- Master’s or PhD degree in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Operational Research, Logistics & Supply Chain, Business Engineering, or quantitative background
- 0-2 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment or experience with projects involving data analytics, statistical modelling, mathematical optimization or process simulation
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts in a comprehensible manner to various stakeholders from different fields
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team
- You have worked with SQL and Python or are excited to learn them at Picnic
- Your sharp business sense and conceptual thinking abilities mean you can look beyond the obvious to come up with fresh and innovative ideas
You're still wondering if this is the right role for you and you'd like to hear more about the role? Send an e-mail with your CV to our recruiter Sarvenaz ( email@example.com ) and ask her for a short call together in order to get more insights before actually applying. (Please make sure that you fit the requirements in the "About you" section and that we can only count applications via the form below as valid).
📖 Picnic Perks
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Düsseldorf, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!