Senior Category Buyer (m/w/d)
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries everyday with our innovative and sustainable modern milkman, app-only concept. As part of our scale up phase, we're looking for Category Buyers to join our team and unlock the full potential of Picnic in Germany!
We offer the option to shape and optimize various categories in fresh, like dairy and meat, and ambient.
🥜 In a nutshell
Did you know that...
- we are founded in 2015 and active in The Netherlands, Germany and France, counting 1000+ talents in our central offices?
- we operate with a fleet of electric vehicles (read here) and do only next-day delivery that allows us to set up a sustainable supply chain model?
- we raised €600M in our Series D round of funding to further build and grow the best milkman on earth?
🎯 What challenges await you
As a Senior Category Manager/Buyer, you'll play a central role in shaping and optimizing our assortment portfolio. Your expertise and passion for food, combined with strong customer focus will drive the development of a well-balanced product range. Your focus will be on:
- Using a data-first approach to identify opportunities for your category
- Making the right trade-offs for topics like pricing, promotions, availability in your product portfolio
- Working with supply chain, customer service and marketing teams to assure best category performance
- Creating and executing a pragmatic plan to unlock the full potential of your category
- Working together with the category team to bring the best to our customers
⭐ Who you are
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in an analytical, business, or equivalent education
- 5+ years of working experience in category management and buying in the grocery or food industry (experience in fresh food industry is a plus)
- Fluent communication in German and English
- Strong analytical thinking: the ability to interpret and leverage KPIs and data effectively
- Commercial awareness: understanding customer preferences and negotiating optimal deals
🏅 Your benefits
- Join a fast-growing business with significant upward potential and career growth
- Engage with talented Picnic'ers with a lot of international exposure
- Embrace the Picnic culture of wonderful free breakfasts and lunches, memorable parties featuring the renowned Picnic band and even a company ski trip
- Travel throughout Germany with your Deutschland ticket
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- All other essential items: competitive salary, 30 vacation days, comprehensive pension plan, laptop and phone
Discover an exciting career at Picnic, where your expertise will make a meaningful impact on our assortment, customers, and overall success.
Please submit your application in English. Thank you!
Groceries | Retail | Analytics | Negotiations | Portfolio Performance | Excel