Category Buyer (m/w/d)
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries everyday with our innovative and sustainable modern milkman, app-only concept. As part of our scale up phase, we're looking for Category Buyers to join our team and unlock the full potential of Picnic in Germany!
🥜 In a nutshell
Did you know that...
- we are founded in 2015 and active in The Netherlands, Germany and France, counting 1000+ talents in our central offices?
- we operate with a fleet of electric vehicles (readhere) and do only next-day delivery that allows us to set up a sustainable supply chain model?
- we raised €600M in our Series D round of funding to further build and grow the best milkman on earth?
🎯 What challenges await you
As a Category Manager/Buyer, you'll play a central role in shaping and optimizing our assortment portfolio. Your expertise and passion for food, combined with strong customer focus will drive the development of a well-balanced product range. Your focus will be on:
- Using a data-first approach and working together with Senior Category Managers to identify opportunities for your category
- Making the right trade-offs for topics like pricing, promotions, availability in your product portfolio
- Working with supply chain, customer service and marketing teams to assure best category performance
- Creating and executing a pragmatic plan to unlock the full potential of your category
- Working together with the category team to bring the best to our customers
⭐ Who you are
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in an analytical, business, or equivalent education
- 2-5 years of working experience in category management and buying (experience in fresh food industry is a plus)
- Fluent communication in German and English
- Strong analytical thinking: the ability to interpret and leverage KPIs and data effectively
- Commercial awareness: understanding customer preferences and negotiating optimal deals
🏅 Your benefits
- Join a fast-growing business with significant upward potential and career growth
- Engage with talented Picnic'ers with a lot of international exposure
- Embrace the Picnic culture of wonderful free breakfasts and lunches, memorable parties featuring the renowned Picnic band and even a company ski trip
- Travel throughout Germany with your Deutschland ticket
- Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work some days from home (we encourage our employees to work at least three days per week in the office)
- All other essential items: competitive salary, 30 vacation days, comprehensive pension plan, laptop and phone
Discover an exciting career at Picnic, where your expertise will make a meaningful impact on our assortment, customers, and overall success.
Please submit your application in English. Thank you!