Quality Expert AGF
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Quality expert, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Picnic is data-driven and complex – from pricing strategies, forecasting, warehouse automation, to the ever-expanding growth of our company, we are constantly faced with new challenges and opportunities…that’s where you come in!
We are on the hunt for an ambitious AGF expert with superb knowledge about fruit & vegs who can make sure that we deliver the most fresh and tastiest AGF assortment! You will advise category management on specifications and build a supply chain with the right checks in place. You also offer entrepreneurial, realistic, and practical business opportunities. Have a forward-thinking idea? Tell your team, modify it, evaluate, experiment, and then make a real impact in our company!
🎯 What you’ll do
- Use a data-first approach to identify opportunities for improving Picnic supply chain for AGF articles
- Create and execute a pragmatic plan to drive the category improvements
- Define and implement quality standards across Picnic supply chain
- Own the fulfilment training on quality control procedures
- Define agreements and monitor Picnic AGF suppliers on quality standards and logistic procedures to ensure the highest level of quality for AGF products
- Work together with analysts, fulfilment quality teams and category managers to bring the best to our customers
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree Food Technology, Nutrition and Health, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in fruit & veg supply chain
- Detailed knowledge of AGF product, packaging, supply chain and food safety
- Go getting mentality, hands-on and nothing is impossible mindset
- Autonomous and actively improving both specification and quality processes
- Eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Fluency in Dutch and excellent English skills
- Flexibility to work in Amsterdam as well as Geldermalsen
📖 Picnic perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials. There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from within Europe, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.