Technical Product Owner - Network
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate, tech-savvy Product Owner, we’re offering you the opportunity to join one of the diverse teams at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
Want to see what we're keeping ourselves busy with? Check out one of the biggest projects we've been working on: our first fully automated warehouse at Picnic.
🥜 In a nutshell
Join us as a Technical Product Owner in our network team and shape the way we run and build a scalable and reliable network here at Picnic! Because we build and maintain all of our networking in-house, you will have full ownership over the design, development, operation, and analytics of the network product. Our Network Team plays a fundamental role in accelerating our European expansion while maintaining a high-quality network ecosystem that spans from the fulfilment center and Office Wifi, over the Picnic WAN and into the public cloud.
🎯 What you’ll do
- With the team, take full ownership of scaling the network deployment in Picnic’s warehouses
- Drive the creation of a network observability platform
- Ensure low latency and stable public cloud connectivity
- Steer the team towards Infrastructure as Code
⭐ About you
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a product-led organization (ideally as product owner or agile project manager) with a relevant tech background in a product or platform organization
- A passion for building scalable network products, and a high level of curiosity to learn more
- Good understanding of network architecture
- Understanding of the TCP/IP Stack and protocols or services (e.g. BGP, OSPF, L3/L2 VPN, IPSEC, Wifi)
- Experience with public cloud networking and working with 3rd party network connectivity providers.
- Understanding of software development process
⭐ Do you want to hear more about us? Check the link here!
Picnic's tech team has grown 50+% every year for the past five years. As a Product Manager, you’ll lead teams that continue to grow in number and complexity. We promise to offer you an exciting and challenging growth path, at the speed of Picnic! If you're interested in finding more about our projects, teams, tech products and future plans, please feel free to get in touch with some of our colleagues: Jelmer Borst, Gijs van der Voort, Lasse Jensen & Maxim Oei!
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for ex-pats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many ex-pat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.