At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Buyer and an AGF expert, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Picnic is data-driven and complex – from pricing strategies, forecasting, warehouse automation, to the ever-expanding growth of our company, we are constantly faced with new challenges and opportunities…that’s where you come in!
We are on the hunt for an ambitious buyer with superb negotiation skills while building lasting relationships with suppliers! You also offer entrepreneurial, realistic, and practical business opportunities. Have a forward-thinking idea? Tell your team, modify it, evaluate, experiment, and then make a real impact in our company!
🎯 What you’ll do
- Use a data-first approach to identify opportunities for your category
- Create and execute a pragmatic plan to drive the category improvements
- Define clear negotiation strategies to ensure competitive conditions with our suppliers
- Run negotiations with many suppliers from start until signed contract
- Work together with your category team to bring the best to our customers
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree Business Administration, (Business) Economics or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in a commercial role in fruit & veg in The Netherlands
- Established network in buying fruit & veg in The Netherlands
- Good people knowledge and skills
- Lots of energy and persistence
- Go getting mentality, hands-on and nothing is impossible mindset
- You know how to get the best best deals and are able to understand and assess what’s on “the nego table”
- You understand who you’re talking to, their interests and stakeholder context
- You know how to build relationships
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Flexibility to work in Amsterdam as well as Geldermalsen
📖 Picnic perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials. There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from within Europe, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.