Product Designer - Internal apps
At Picnic, we’re designing an affordable, hassle-free grocery service for the many. We believe everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of a truly online supermarket, so that people spend less time shopping for bulky groceries and more time enjoying life.
To offer this user-friendly proposition we are revolutionizing the way we prepare and deliver orders for our customers, and our data driven and hyper efficient supply chain enables us to cut down on food waste and substantially reduce energy usage.
If you’re a passionate Product Designer enthusiastic about crafting products for employees, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in a fast scaling environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
The Internal Products Design team shapes all the human interactions across our supply chain, supporting tens of thousands of our warehouse and delivery heroes. We design and build everything in-house, and our aim is to design workforce apps that improve the work-lives of our Picnic colleagues, whilst bringing real business value. From order picking to the last mile delivery, ultimately this contributes to a flawless customer experience.
Next to being part of specific product teams, we also form a company wide UX guild. UX at Picnic covers many topics: from enterprise products and automated warehouses, to e-commerce platforms and even physical products like a custom built electric vehicle. As a distributed group of UX designers and thinkers, we come together to align and ensure an unprecedented customer experience in e-commerce. Next to that it is also a lot of fun to meet up with the UX peeps regularly 😉
🎯 What you’ll do
Your goal is to support employees at Picnic, enabling them to offer the best possible service to our customers. To do this, you will need to untangle and simplify highly complex logistical processes, solve difficult problems, and leverage and empower employees.
Every project you will:
- Take design ownership of products and support our users, from order pickers, to operational managers, to delivery runners
- Take ownership of the interaction design of the use case specific products we build and operate. This varies from apps for order pickers, to operational managers to delivery runners.
- Operate within highly complex systems to deliver effective, user-focused solutions that fulfill both human and business needs
- Use qualitative user research to make effective design decisions. Supported by our UX research team you will evaluate your work with real users frequently
- Take projects all the way from problem analysis to UI details and documentation, using your end-to-end design skills
- Support our talented developers to ensure the best UX code
- Learn and grow through the continuous feedback and mentoring of seasoned UX designers and researchers
- Support the development and maintenance of our design libraries and system
- Improve and continuously explore new ideas—design is never done!
⭐ About you
You are an opinionated designer who strives for perfection. The prospect of working in an environment where your designs are quickly developed and hypotheses are qualitatively tested excites you.
- Excited about simplifying people's lives with respect to their values
- 0-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant design field
- Portfolio with user-centered design cases with solid explanation
- Experience designing for B2B or enterprise apps is a plus (not required)
- Excited about doing frequent user research and testing prototypes
- Confident using the following tools: Figma, Principle & Adobe CC
- Solid understanding of sketching UI concepts with great eye for detail
- Fluent in English speaking and writing (no Dutch required)
- Holder of an EU work permit
📖 Picnic perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.