At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our affordable and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate iOS developer, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
At Picnic, we’ve developed multiple applications that are critical to the service we provide, and we’re looking for React developers who are excited to create exceptional products. Though there will always be a demand for iOS development within Picnic, we’ve also started to use React Native in situations where it enables us to provide more value to our customers. What does that mean? If you’re open to learning React Native on the job it would be a huge bonus for us, and in return, you’ll get all the support you need to expand your skills.
🎯 What you'll do
- Define conventions and infrastructure around native iOS app development and refactor older parts of our applications to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Collaborate with designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement new features and ensure they work correctly by writing tests
- Write high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain
- Spend some time learning React Native (support and training will be provided
💻 Technologies we use
- React Native (support provided)
⭐ About you
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of full-time experience in shipping high-traffic native apps on iOS
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- The confidence to transform high-level business requirements into a technical plan
- The willingness to learn React Native on the job
- Fluency in English (Dutch not required)
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including our Lunch & Learn sessions and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scaleup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self, as well as 25 vacation days per year so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.