Principal Product Manager, Consumer Experience
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company partnering with the top real estate agents and teams to deliver value to millions of consumers on its platform. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
Our residential search site Movoto provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, our home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. We also have a network of top-rated real estate agents and teams on our OJO Pro+, OJO Pro, and OJO Select Network platforms, to match each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO has placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
OJO strives to help people unlock life’s possibilities through homeownership. We build and operate a real estate platform dedicated to facilitating buying, selling, and owning of homes. We partner with the top real estate and mortgage professionals who deliver value for millions of consumers on our platform. At the core of OJO's offerings is Movoto.com, the largest privately held homeownership platform that engages millions of users on a monthly basis.
Our product team values intelligence, curiosity, passion for problem solving, and empathy for users. We focus on discovering and delivering high-impact solutions to meaningful customer problems in ways that are aligned to our company’s business goals.
We are looking for an experienced, hands on, Principal Product Manager who is passionate about building product solutions that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment filled with driven teammates working collaboratively to design, build, and release products that solve customer problems and deliver to our company's growth strategy.
What you'll do:
- Lead the product team responsible for building engaging consumer products that deliver a best-in-class home ownership, buying and selling experiences for our consumers.
- Develop deep knowledge of the customers, the data, the industry, and the OJO business.
- Work closely with design, engineering, data analytics to create seamless end to end experiences that delight consumers throughout the homeownership journey.
- Work closely with senior leaders on delivering high-impact solutions to customer problems that also contributes to business growth.
- Drive high impact A/B test experiments with clearly defined hypotheses and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps inclusive of multiple value recipients; navigate short and long-term tradeoffs to create momentum and a cadence of high-quality outcome delivery, implementation, and adoption.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and quantitative measures of your product to demonstrate product progress and practice ruthless prioritization
- Role model extreme ownership for the successful delivery of your team’s products across all contributing factors including but not limited to user experience, engineering, operations, product marketing, research.
- Effectively align with and communicate to stakeholders in and outside of the company while driving forward progress in delivering outcomes.
- Live the OJO Core Values
What we need from you:
- Strong empathy for users — a customer champion
- Experience building consumer-facing web/native app products with data & engagement loops
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking.
- Strong influencing skills; comfortable guiding internal & external senior executives.
- Comfort in leading through ambiguity; ability to set long-term outcomes and manage through iterations and decisions to achieve them.
- Experience collaborating with multiple engineering teams concurrently to define and execute the product roadmap.
- Detail oriented
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- Experience working in two-sided marketplace
- Experience in the Real Estate/ home share domain
- Hobbyist programmer
Location: We have a slight preference to have this role based in Austin, Texas but are open to candidates elsewhere. We are able to hire in the following states: California, Illinois, Minnesota, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, North Carolina, New York, Texas
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Final Round Interview + Role-specific Project Assignment (for many roles)
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.