Media Experts - Manager, Account Planning
Media Experts exists solely to Make a Bigger Impression for advertisers. To do all we can to help grow our advertiser’s businesses. We are data-driven and powered by discovery. Our approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results. We seek long term, partnerships with advertisers, based on full transparency and trust which we earn every day.
Media Experts looks for curious individuals who have the courage to be open and honest in order to deliver better science, art, and outcomes in the media landscape.
The role of Manager, Account Planning is to supervise and manage our integrated media planning product and assume an active role on the business. The Media Planning Manager will assist with the development of media strategies and operating procedures and will also be responsible for leading, mentoring, coaching and developing employees.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Accountable for leading the preparation, writing and presentation of integrated media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and that go beyond the brief.
- Maintain stewardship and accountability of the media plan, regularly evaluating and monitoring execution.
- Liaise and foster knowledge-sharing with other disciplines internally, partner agencies and other departments to ensure that media and client knowledge is current.
- Ensure that all media plans adhere to the agency's values, philosophies and processes.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Awareness of client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, ensuring that tracking is in place for check-ins as required.
- Manage and lead a team of employees. Effectively communicate agency goals, manage workloads, provide ongoing performance feedback and support professional development. Interview and participate in hiring decision of employees if/when required.
- Accurately and effectively manage client’s day-to-day planning requirements, with a strong understanding of client’s business objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Inform leadership of potential challenges and opportunities as it relates to client and/or people management.
- Influence decision making by encouraging appropriate strategies and benefits of offerings to clients.
- Participate in additional agency/team projects and new business presentations as required.
- Oversee financial media control, including purchase authorizations, billing and budget control reports and ensure that discrepancies are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Professional or educational background in Marketing and/or Advertising would give leverage to this application.
- Manager level of experience in integrated media planning.
- History of developing positive on-going business relationships with a focus on client service.
- Ability to develop and foster solid relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply knowledge and insights gained from research resources to media planning.
- Previous experience managing and developing employees.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, supporting the team, self-development, etc.
- Proficient with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma) would give leverage to this application.
- Curiosity, with a passion for continuous development.
- Experience with presenting.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Independent thinker with highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel as required.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.
What's in it for you?
• Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vacation and monthly wellness days. We also have four-day long weekends, half-day summer Fridays, and meeting-free Friday afternoons year-round.
• A flexible hybrid work model that works for you.
• A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, including mental health training and inclusion education for everyone.
• A chance to be part of and grow within a global network of agencies.
• The opportunity to contribute to our company culture by joining one of our many community-based employee groups, such as Black Employee Network, Girls on Fire, Hispanic or Latinx Alliance, Life on the Spectrum, Pan-Asian Network, and Rainbow Lounge.