Communications Executive (Entry-Level)
UM is a media agency designed to Futureproof our clients’ businesses for the now and the next. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections – all rooted in culture.
We believe in purposeful growth, and our Better World Media philosophy puts diversity, equity and sustainability at the heart of our business operations. We are committed to investing in diverse and responsible media partners, in order to drive more meaningful and authentic messaging for our clients.
As the leading global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of global clients. Here in the UK we are proud to work with some of the world’s most exciting brands, including Accenture, American Express, Just Eat Takeaway, Johnson & Johnson, Mattel, MoneySuperMarket and Spotify.
London is also the home of our UM EMEA Headquarters, providing the full spectrum of integrated media and marketing services to global clients across the region. Our in-house tools and technology capabilities, driven by a truly multi-national, talented and passionate team of people, makes us perfectly placed to create tailored, regional solutions for a diverse range of clients. As a regional hub, we act as a catalyst to integrate and connect – fuelling central strategies with both local insights and regional expertise. We have specialists across brand strategy, research & insight, data-driven analytics, 360 digital media planning and content creation, and we bring all of these disciplines together to provide frameworks that optimise our clients’ advertising investment in each market.
An exciting opportunity to support the planning and account management across Dyson. The successful candidate will work alongside the Comms Planner to execute seamless day-day workflow in online and offline channels
- Contribute to overall account and campaign management: Audience insight, Brief internal SBUs where relevant, Competitive reviews, Manage financial management and client approvals/ purchase orders
- Keep plans up to date and reconciled.
- Work seamlessly with finance teams to ensure campaigns are delivered on budget and on time.
- Schedule client status meetings and maintain up to date status document
- Perform quality control on all key client output and curate presentations
- Help the Comms Manager to test ideas and scale across campaigns where relevant.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrates an understanding of the media landscape.
- Understands the importance of brilliant basics and how client servicing is key to building strong relationships with clients, including replying to client emails within a timely manner, sense checking delivered work and keeping up with financial reconciliations.
- Follows processes and procedures put in place for effective setup and delivery of campaigns, performance reports and finance reconciliations to meet client expectations.
- Can work well in a team and collaborate with a broad range of clients and specialists.
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reach out to our Talent Inclusion Specialist Jess at Jess.Richardson@mbww.com if you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding any adjustments that would ensure our recruitment process is accessible for you. Please note requesting a reasonable adjustment will not affect your application.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifices car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!