Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
Mediabrands is looking for a proactive Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to work closely with the Commercial Finance Manager, Commercial Finance Business Partner and accompanying agencies. You will be supporting the Commercial team to prepare accurate, monthly and full-year P&L budgets, forecasts and Ad-Hoc project work as required.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate full year P&L Budgets, quarterly Forecasts as well as monthly flash forecasts paying particular attention to detail such as monthly phasing.
- Maintaining up to date forecast files for the P&L including monthly revenue, costings and salary files.
- Working with the UK&I Reporting Team to provide variance analysis, financial evidence and other adhoc information as required by EMEA FP&A/RCT.
- Working with the Financial Control Team to resolve queries as required .
- Attend monthly revenue meetings, supporting the Commercial Finance Manager to prepare, analyze and review information provided for input into various critical reports.
- Maintaining an up-to-date detailed salary cost forecast by individual and working closely with HR to monitor headcount, new starts/leavers and intercompany roles.
- Assist the Commercial team with the preparation of a monthly management information pack including YTD P&L performance vs budget/forecast, a P&L flash update and a debtors/WIP/unbilled summary for escalation.
- Assist the Commercial team with preparing client profitability analysis
- Provide the agency teams with regular timesheet analysis
- Assist the Commercial team with new business FTE proposals
- Opportunities to support in commercially key projects, audit and legal compliance work.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Studying for or a desire to study towards a professional qualification such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Hyperion experience is desirable but not essential.
- Media industry experience is desirable but not essential.
- The role is heavily excel based, a strong excel ability is essential.
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Must show a proactive approach to problem solving
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Trustworthy; you will be working with commercially sensitive information daily so a strong business acumen is a must.
- Innovation/Initiative required
- Across different parts of the business
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reach out to our Talent Inclusion Specialist Jess at Jess.Richardson@mbww.com if you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding any adjustments that would ensure our recruitment process is accessible for you. Please note requesting a reasonable adjustment will not affect your application.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifices car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!