Media Experts - Account Planner
The Media Planner at Media Experts is pivotal in managing our media planning product from conceptualization to execution. This role involves preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analyses that meet and exceed client objectives, ensuring that each campaign is grounded in deep insights and executed flawlessly. As part of an integrated media planning team, you will be responsible for maintaining strong client and partner relationships and delivering exceptional media planning services across a broad range of media.
- Develop, write, and present comprehensive media plans, proposals, and analyses that address client objectives.
- Maintain and regularly review the media plan to evaluate campaign performance against goals.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with clients and media partners, demonstrating reliability, responsibility, and resourcefulness.
- Initiate and manage the media buying process, ensuring top-notch results.
- Oversee the administration and accurate maintenance of the media plan, including client finance reports and budget control.
- Prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, trends, and relevant issues to clients.
- Assist in the creation of documents such as presentations, visual summaries, schedules, and reports.
- Stay abreast of the latest updates from major media partners and the overall media landscape.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in advertising, marketing, or a related field; a university degree is preferred.
- At least one year of experience in integrated media planning; experience in an advertising agency is an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English.
- A demonstrated desire to pursue and excel in a media career.
- Strong proficiency with media research tools (e.g., Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson) and media planning tools (e.g., Prisma).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive in problem-solving, with a strong client service orientation and the ability to develop relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Media Experts is a leading media agency delivering messaging for major Canadian brands across all channels. For the last 40 years, we have stood out as pioneers, thought leaders, and mavericks, a spirit that has driven our work, our company culture and most importantly, our people. We are committed to nurturing talent and fostering growth. At Media Experts, our success is measured by the success of our clients. We work to grow their business through effective, hard-working media strategies that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding results, all while equipping them for any challenges on the horizon. With Media Experts, clients get an agency with an entrepreneurial, independent spirit, backed by best-in-class global, data-driven resources. With three offices across the country, we are a truly Canadian media agency, and proud to be part of the Mediabrands network. For more information, please visit mediaexperts.com.
What's in it for you?
• Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vacation and monthly wellness days. We also have four-day long weekends, half-day summer Fridays, and meeting-free Friday afternoons year-round.
• A flexible hybrid work model that works for you.
• A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, including mental health training and inclusion education for everyone.
• A chance to be part of and grow within a global network of agencies.
• The opportunity to contribute to our company culture by joining one of our many community-based employee groups, such as Black Employee Network, Girls on Fire, Hispanic or Latinx Alliance, Neuro Network, Pan-Asian Network, and Rainbow Lounge.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.