Media Experts - Supervisor, Investments
The Investment department is responsible for flawless digital execution, buying and negotiating of rates and value of digital media. The role of the Supervisor is to oversee the steps and workflow involved with junior employees to ensure that digital execution and buying best practices are followed. This role will also rely heavy on relationship building as there are multiple different internal and external teams they will consistently be in contact with. As the supervisor, they will also be responsible in training and mentoring junior employees.
- Ensure detailed media briefings and signature of plans are received as required from the respective planning team
- Explore and evaluate new media opportunities to be presented to the planning team
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with media partners and with internal and external teams
- Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the team and manage multiple timelines at a time
- Be the controller of quality on different items but not limited to:
- Digital Recommendations
- Inputs in Media Ocean Buyer Workflow (formerly known as Prisma)
- Digital Spec Sheets and Traffic sheets
- Digital Dashboard accuracy
- Provide ongoing actionable feedback and training of junior employees to ensure performance and development goals are reached
- Continuously training junior employees of digital technical landscape and concepts
- Proactively advising the team of any variations to execution of media plans
- Attend media seminars and presentations as required, ensuring that junior employees are in attendance and leveraging learnings
- Interview and participate in hiring of junior employees if/when required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional or educational background in Marketing or Advertising would give leverage to this application
- Mid / Intermediate level of experience in digital media investment execution and buying
- Previous experience training junior employees
- Previous experience working in MediaOcean’s Buyer Workflow or other similar platforms is a bonus
- Previous experience in either:
- Working directly in programmatic, social or adserver platforms (DV360, The Trade Desk, Yahoo, META, LinkedIn, TikTok, CM360 etc.) is a bonus or,
- Working with specialized digital units who were directly working within programmatic, social and adserver platforms
- Understands the value of naming conventions/nomenclature and has the eye for detail in order to enforce
- Professional analytical and financial acumen
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and partnerships
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management of different deliverables
- Proactive approach to problem solving, supporting the team, self-development, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Media Experts is a leading media agency delivering messaging for major Canadian brands across all channels. For the last 40 years, we have stood out as pioneers, thought leaders, and mavericks, a spirit that has driven our work, our company culture and most importantly, our people. We are committed to nurturing talent and fostering growth. At Media Experts, our success is measured by the success of our clients. We work to grow their business through effective, hard-working media strategies that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding results, all while equipping them for any challenges on the horizon. With Media Experts, clients get an agency with an entrepreneurial, independent spirit, backed by best-in-class global, data-driven resources. With three offices across the country, we are a truly Canadian media agency, and proud to be part of the Mediabrands network. For more information, please visit mediaexperts.com.
What's in it for you?
• Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vacation and monthly wellness days. We also have four-day long weekends, half-day summer Fridays, and meeting-free Friday afternoons year-round.
• A flexible hybrid work model that works for you.
• A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, including mental health training and inclusion education for everyone.
• A chance to be part of and grow within a global network of agencies.
• The opportunity to contribute to our company culture by joining one of our many community-based employee groups, such as Black Employee Network, Girls on Fire, Hispanic or Latinx Alliance, Neuro Network, Pan-Asian Network, and Rainbow Lounge.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.