Chief Digital Officer
We’re the Global Leader in Performance Marketing with a mission to create better flow between brands, consumers and communities.
We believe that when audiences can do what they want to do, everything becomes easier. By removing the frictions that get in their way, we deliver better experiences, capture their attention through precision media, and offer the most relevant and engaging content. That’s how we improve flow. Learn more about our philosophy here.
After acquiring SEO & Content Marketing agencies Stickyeyes and Zazzle in 2016 and integrating them under the Reprise Group in 2021, we now have ~500 people in the UK & Ireland across our offices in London, Leeds and Dublin. Our experts help brands grow by delivering customer-centric performance marketing services including: Performance Strategy, SEO, CRO, Programmatic, Paid Search, Social, Affiliates, eCRM, eCommerce, Performance Content and Data & Analytics.
This role will provide strategic leadership to UM’s approach to digital, data and technology. Working with the UK Leadership team and other Mediabrands business units it will build a culture of excellence in bringing to UM’s proposition in digital. The role will give vision, direction and leadership to senior UM client setting best practice, encouraging shared learning and offering support and guidance where needed. The CDO will be responsible for helping to attract, retain and develop critical talent and have the ability to inspire teams and create a strong and engaging leadership presence.
You will act as an ambassador for UM, networking within the media and communications industry and also externally amongst potential clients.
You have a passion for people, brands and ideas and an insatiable drive to find the best solutions for our clients.
Expertise and knowledge of the ever evolving digital, data and technology marketplace is essential. A passionate hunger for new business & leadership behaviours are also critical in delivering success in this role.
The role will dual reporting line to the UM and Reprise UK & Ireland CEO and will be required to collaborate effectively across all IPG Mediabrands business units.
Increase UM’s capabilities in our approach to digital that raises standards in all departmentsincluding the leadership team
- Work with the CPO in being the expert in alldigital investment and services for UM clients
- Work with the UM CPO and CSO to improve agency planning and buying for digital
- Lead, co-create and implement a comprehensive training programme across the agency to improve everyone's understanding of what we should do for our clients in digital.
- Be the strategy & performance architect for UM clients in digital marketing. Leading digital teams to deliver high quality strategic and operational delivery of digital for UM clients.
- Strategic digital leadership for clients in new business activity and ongoing engagements, partnering with the Reprise and MTK strategy team to bring the best of IPG to form a client solution.
- Work in partnership with the UM and MB teams to integrate analytics, reporting, dashboards and client modelling into our digital services awhile championing advanced modelling. This includes evaluating all technology vendors and, where relevant, building client technology stacks according to their needs
- Become known as an industry thought leader to promote the agency
Identify and increase incremental revenue opportunities for UM and Mediabrands when helping our clients grow their brands through digital channels.
- Commercial responsibility for delivering a profitable and sustainable digital commercial relationship with UM clients. Supporting in addressing unfavourable terms that may reduce ability to deliver a quality service.
- Pursue non-traditional revenue opportunities with clients including in-house consultation, pay for performance, client training, funded agency tools, amongst others"
- Lead in achieving growth targets for key capabilities; including ecommerce, experience, and content capabilities.
Work with the UM Leadership team to be a positive conduit for the agency with all relevant areas of Mediabrands and Kinesso
- To act as the UM digital liaison for all IPG agencies - using your deep operational expertise to improve ways of working across agencies to deliver a quality service to clients and operationally efficient model.
- Be accountable for all digital spending and services for UM Clients regardless of where it is spent in Mediabrands/Kinesso.
- Work with CPO to identify trading methods we can employ to advance the effectiveness and efficiency of ours clients digital budgets
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience at a senior level in the industry through a variety of agency, client and/or media platform roles
- Proven ability to build and lead effective teams across craft and company silos
- Deep understanding of performance marketing strategy
- Operational knowledge of data strategy and digital planning and buying (especially addressable, search, social)
- Ability to work effectively with specialists within a spectrum of services and companies within a holding company and beyond
- Deep specialist knowledge across digital from technology, data, media and content with experience of how to bring it together
- Ability to listen, collaborate and direction equal measure.
- Ability to work in a cross functional leadership team that commits to conflict, compromise and commitment
- Strong personal insight – receives and reacts upon feedback positively with a growth mind-set
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reach out to our Talent Inclusion Specialist Jess at Jess.Richardson@mbww.com if you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding any adjustments that would ensure our recruitment process is accessible for you. Please note requesting a reasonable adjustment will not affect your application.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Wellbeing programme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!