Senior Negotiator, Video Partnerships
We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Initiative builds Fame & Flow for brands like Nike, Amazon, Merck, and T-Mobile. Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability. Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
We make a promise to our people that we double down on seeing, celebrating & elevating all the things that make you, uniquely you. And just as we do for our brands and clients, we connect our people to the journeys that matter in building a meaningful career.
There are four I’s in Initiative and these represent our core values and behaviors.
- INDIVID[YOU]ALITY – you bring your genuine and unique self to and into the work, every day.
- INSTINCT – you’re tuned in and armed with intelligence; you have a bias for action – shit happens when you’re around.
- IMPACT! – you care deeply about the impact you have on our clients, their customers, our community, the media landscape and our world at large.
- IMAGINATION – your ability to imagine and bring to life the ideas, solutions, and the future of Initiative, makes us THE create media agency in the world.
The Senior Negotiator, Video Partnerships role at Initiative is responsible for managing client’s video investments as well as assisting in the creation and execution of media strategies and effectively communicating these strategies to clients. The position requires the ability to think “big picture” and is the first step towards management. A high level of attention to detail, organization, and the ability to work under pressure is required.
- Deliver responsive and superior client customer service
- Become knowledgeable about client’s business and its competitors to determine sufficient advertising and media needs and ensure plans are properly executed and delivered
- Assist in developing POVs for clients
- Must have ability to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Train and manage the workloads of Associates and Negotiators, and review documents and reports prepared by them including checking buy details
- Assist in upfront negotiations and execute scatter needs
- Begin to allocate budgets to media partners based on research and client objectives
- Help with and oversee the evaluation of media plans of National TV linear as well as alternative video including OTT, cinema, online video, VOD
- Collaborate with media partners to develop promotional and other amplification opportunities to enhance each investment
- Prepare presentation materials, encompassing all pertinent data for buy and for submission to client
- Execute smooth day-to-day account activities:
- Enter buys into MBOX and insure system reflects accurate buys
- Oversee discrepancy resolution – goal is on time clearance of bills
- Monitor network buys daily based on audience delivery data to insure delivery in flight
- Secure necessary ADU weight
- Assist Manager in providing management with market conditions/changes; offer solutions to market problems as early as possible in negotiation process
- Assist in preparing planning costs
- Develop and maintain media partner relationships
- Negotiate pricing that reflects efficiencies and clients objectives
- Ensure understanding of MAGNA priority networks
Required Skills and Experience
- Solid negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid negotiating skills and experience collaborating with Strategy and Communications Design teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word • Knowledgeable in media math
- Proficient with MBox or equivalent Inventory Management system
- Initiative does not require candidates to have a college degree
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to work as part of a team in a deadline-driven, high-pressure environment
- 2+ years of Media experience. Preferably as a Partnerships Associate Skills
- Proven problem solving ability
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
We See You
At IPG Mediabrands, we are unified behind a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. Together, we shine through a set of shared values and behaviors. We take pride in our responsibility to our clients, communities, and to each other. We embrace differences and recognize the unique value that each of us brings to our community.
We encourage you to apply, as unique backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences are welcomed.
We See You at IPG Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). IPG Mediabrands manages over $47 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients across its full-service agency networks UM, Initiative and Mediahub and through its award-winning specialty business units Healix, Kinesso, MAGNA, Mediabrands Content Studio, Orion Holdings, Rapport, and the IPG Media Lab. IPG Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors including automotive, personal finance, consumer product goods (CPG), pharma, health and wellness, entertainment, financial services, energy, toys and gaming, direct to consumer and e-commerce, retail, hospitality, food and beverage, fashion and beauty. The company employs more than 18,000 diverse marketing communication professionals in more than 130 countries. Learn more at www.ipgmediabrands.com.