Director, Strategy - HCP/Pharma
Initiative is different to other media agencies.
Initiative unlocks business growth for the world’s most ambitious brands. We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire HCP and consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Initiative builds Fame & Flow for Healthcare brands like J&J, Merck, Gilead, AZ, Teva, Cigna, and non-Healthcare brands like Nike, Amazon, LEGO, and T-Mobile.
Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability. Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
As a Health Strategy Director, you are responsible for the creation of the strategic direction a brand will take in communications to achieve their business goals. You are responsible for helping to lead Pharma clients, strategize, produce and make sense of the key cultural, healthcare landscape, human behaviors, and market intelligence required to design the best possible holistic communications plan to deliver on that task. This work should be held up as best practice both within the agency and externally – recognized by winning awards and client scores. Your client responsibility would be to engage in an advisory capacity and deliver strategic recommendations.
You have a passion for people, brands and ideas and an insatiable curiosity for culture in every sense. You will be asked to produce work that drives re-appraisal of communications and what media can do in the world, and your work should be seen as driving the agency forward. Creative thinking, sound presentation skills & leadership behaviors are critical in delivering success in this role.
You are responsible for ensuring that the Strategists’ work is strong and always progressing. That it has considered all human, category and culture trends, helping them to think about new ways to respond to a brief and encouraging them to work – with you – alongside the Analytics, Communications Design and Client teams to deliver better, smarter and more innovative work.
- Maintain excellent client relationships & understanding of the clients' key business and challenges
- Be the knowledge expert with solid understanding of Pharma, Prescription drugs, marketing
- Have previous knowledge of professional media channels directed to Healthcare Professionals
- Deliver innovative thinking that inspires leading edge solutions and award-winning breakthrough work – best in class work as standard (internally & externally)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of consumers & their behaviors, backed by usage of qualitative and quantitative tools/research to develop applicable insights into the consumer connection with the brand
- Drive usage of the Cultural Analytical Process/Tools to help teams find new insights that unlock growth
- Identify, develop & oversee the delivery of unique and innovative strategies to deliver the client’s desired results
- Lead ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Communications Design team and relevant SBUs to generate creative & compelling communications ideas
- Clearly demonstrate how the strategy delivers on the business needs, including development/alignment on measurable client & strategy business KPIs
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3+ year of healthcare / Pharma experience, especially in key therapeutic areas like Oncology, Immunology, Neurology, Rare Conditions, building strategy and tactics
- Experience working in or collaborating with a media planning team (either internally or in a partner agency) or Healthcare consulting or Healthcare Communications or Research
- Deep Audience profiling capability, rational, emotional, and behavioral, extracting insights using multiple data sources,
- Ability to think differently: creative & adaptive, entrepreneurial, independently minded; deeply immersed in cultural understanding and driven by a desire to know more the world / to better understand people’s motivations & behaviors in the shifting landscape.
- A great story teller – build engaging ppt decks and present confidently to senior clients
- Be the trusted ally of integrated teams and clients, maintaining the Fame and Flow of Brands and Voice of the Customer
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6+ years in integrated planning role in media, creative, or other communications discipline (digital, content, innovation, social, activation/sponsorships)
- Confidence in audience segmentation – the ability to develop and profile audiences for strategic opportunity.
- Knowledge of key media tools such as Kantar Pro/ IPSOS/ MRI/Simmons (survey dashboards), comfort in resources such as Mintel, WARC
- Knowledge of media landscape and key publishers, partners, and vendors, especially endemic health channels for HCPs and Patients
- Experience in (or interest in) managing and developing junior talent
We See You
At IPG Mediabrands, we are unified behind a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. Together, we shine through a set of shared values and behaviors. We take pride in our responsibility to our clients, communities, and to each other. We embrace differences and recognize the unique value that each of us brings to our community.
We encourage you to apply, as unique backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences are welcomed.
We See You at IPG Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email email@example.com.
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). IPG Mediabrands manages over $47 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients across its full-service agency networks UM, Initiative and Mediahub and through its award-winning specialty business units Healix, Kinesso, MAGNA, Mediabrands Content Studio, Orion Holdings, Rapport, and the IPG Media Lab. IPG Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors including automotive, personal finance, consumer product goods (CPG), pharma, health and wellness, entertainment, financial services, energy, toys and gaming, direct to consumer and e-commerce, retail, hospitality, food and beverage, fashion and beauty. The company employs more than 18,000 diverse marketing communication professionals in more than 130 countries. Learn more at www.ipgmediabrands.com.