Director, Technical PMO
We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Initiative builds Fame & Flow for brands like Nike, Amazon, Merck, and T-Mobile. Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability. Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
We make a promise to our people that we double down on seeing, celebrating & elevating all the things that make you, uniquely you. And just as we do for our brands and clients, we connect our people to the journeys that matter in building a meaningful career.
There are four I’s in Initiative and these represent our core values and behaviors.
- INDIVID[YOU]ALITY – you bring your genuine and unique self to and into the work, every day.
- INSTINCT – you’re tuned in and armed with intelligence; you have a bias for action – shit happens when you’re around.
- IMPACT! – you care deeply about the impact you have on our clients, their customers, our community, the media landscape and our world at large.
- IMAGINATION – your ability to imagine and bring to life the ideas, solutions, and the future of Initiative, makes us THE create media agency in the world.
The Director, Technical PMO will be part of Rufus’ Global Leadership team that will lead the workflow integration between Rufus and the client. Rufus is a Team within Initiative that is specifically dedicated to various lines of business within Amazon. Highly strategic, collaborative, articulate and innovative in their approach to define and integrate news ways of working between two organizations, the Director, Technical PMO will primarily be leading the consulting, identifying, establishing, transitioning, and building workflows to integrate internal/external ways of working. This role will be responsible for establishing a clear, effective blueprint for streamlined ways of working – with the ultimate goals of increased team efficiency account-wide and flawless project completion & delivery. This person will work cross-functionally to identify opportunities for optimization & standardization across the teams as a whole– i.e. sharing resources, eliminating duplicate workstreams, dismantling discipline silos, etc. They will oversee & coach a Project Manager to seamlessly bring this roadmap to life, meeting all project success criteria within a specific time-period.
- Codify new ways of working via Smartsheets or Workfront: Ensure all workshops; Documentation and operational flows are identified and applied to US and Global roll-out
- Partner with Operations to optimize current state process and create Smartsheet workflows for Workflow PMs to better manage key operational KPIs (Ex: On Time Delivery & SLA Adherence)
- Collaborate with Workflow PMs on continuous improvement process optimizations and be the technical expert on workflow management tools (Smartsheets and/or Workfront).
- Provide workflow integration between Rufus and Client MODE to align on SLA measurement
- Create and deploy new user flow based on evolving Amazon planning and reporting needs
- Adapt new ways of working based on each line of business nuances and design measurable customizations within workflow management tools
- Provide monthly and quarterly curated materials highlighting best practices, innovation and market trends as Amazon’s business works to solidify its in-house team processes and internal strategies
- Seek out innovative ways to meet complex and challenging needs of the client; acts as a problem-solver with a growth mindset while optimizing current process via automation techniques
- Visioning and implementing change management with Internal Initiative teams
- Identify resource and needs from agency driven by the In-housing proposition across data, tech, operations, staffing and financials
- Strategic and operational execution of alignment with marketing efforts while maintaining speed to market
Required Skills and Experience
- Subject Matter Expert in media Project Management tools like Smartsheets, Workfront, Asana, or any relevant Project Management software
- Experience with process design, deployment, and continuous improvement methodologies
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Proficient working with ad technology to ideate, propose and collaborate on potential technical resolutions for client (internal automation, developing feature requests for client)
- Experience scaling programmatic practices from a regional scope to a global scale (US and Europe)
- Strong executive skills, attention to detail, and growth mindset
- Exceptional relationship building, organizational and collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years working within the digital media, advertisement, and marketing space. Preferably within an Operations, Project Management, or Process Management capacity.
- Background in Consulting, AD technology, MarTech, Digital Media, In-house Integration or Project Management
We See You
At IPG Mediabrands, we are unified behind a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. Together, we shine through a set of shared values and behaviors. We take pride in our responsibility to our clients, communities, and to each other. We embrace differences and recognize the unique value that each of us brings to our community.
We encourage you to apply, as unique backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences are welcomed.
We See You at IPG Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). IPG Mediabrands manages over $47 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients across its full-service agency networks UM, Initiative and Mediahub and through its award-winning specialty business units Healix, Kinesso, MAGNA, Mediabrands Content Studio, Orion Holdings, Rapport, and the IPG Media Lab. IPG Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors including automotive, personal finance, consumer product goods (CPG), pharma, health and wellness, entertainment, financial services, energy, toys and gaming, direct to consumer and e-commerce, retail, hospitality, food and beverage, fashion and beauty. The company employs more than 18,000 diverse marketing communication professionals in more than 130 countries. Learn more at www.ipgmediabrands.com.