UM - Supervisor, Connections Planning
The role of a Media Planning Supervisor is to manage our media planning product through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analysis. The Media Planning Supervisor is also responsible for training and mentoring junior employees.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Lead the preparation, writing and presentation of integrated media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and go beyond the brief.
- Confidently and effectively communicate with the leadership team to address needs of the account (e.g. ensure campaigns launch according to plan, address questions quickly with appropriate client communication, flag concerns, etc.).
- Proactively prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Ensure that all media plans adhere to the agency's values, philosophies, and processes.
- Maintain the media plan and regularly evaluate the campaign performance.
- Effectively manage ongoing client expectations in regard to work back schedule, and deadlines.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and respectful partner relationships.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the buy.
- Oversee team members in preparing and maintaining accurate and client finance reports and budget control reporting (BCRs).
- Provide ongoing actionable feedback and training to direct reports in order to ensure performance and development goals are achieved.
- Proactively contribute to and/or prepare media Point Of Views (POVs).
- Contribute to the improvement of overall product and image and making recommendations where appropriate.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional or educational background in Marketing and/or Advertising would give leverage to this application..
- Mid-Senior level of experience in integrated media planning.
- Ability to develop positive on-going business relationships with a focus on client service.
- Ability to build solid internal relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply knowledge and insights gained from research resources to media planning.
- Experience with presenting.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, supporting the team, self-development, etc.
- Proficiency with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma) would give leverage to this application
- Curiosity, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel as required.
UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients’ businesses for the now and the next. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. Our consultative approach and agile model, rooted in diversity, equity and belonging, drive better business outcomes for brands. As the leading global media network in Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of clients including the following in Canada: BMO, Sobeys, PokerStars, FanDuel, Johnson & Johnson, SkipTheDishes, Sony, Spotify and Hershey. UM is the number one agency in Canada, as ranked by RECMA, and the most awarded media agency at the Media Innovation Awards and CMA Awards for the past two years. For more information, please visit umww.ca.
What's in it for you?
• Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vacation and monthly wellness days. We also have four-day long weekends, half-day summer Fridays, and meeting-free Friday afternoons year-round.
• A flexible hybrid work model that works for you.
• A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, including mental health training and inclusion education for everyone.
• A chance to be part of and grow within a global network of agencies.
• The opportunity to contribute to our company culture by joining one of our many community-based employee groups, such as Black Employee Network, Girls on Fire, Hispanic or Latinx Alliance, Neuro Network, Pan-Asian Network, and Rainbow Lounge.
UM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.