Service Desk Engineer
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
The role of the Service Desk Engineer is to provide first and second line technical support to telephone, email and in-person requests from all internal Mediabrands customers. They are to ensure that support issues are dealt with promptly and appropriately or to escalate to members of the IT Support function within IPG, as well as third parties.
This position plays a key role in how Mediabrands internal customers view the IT Support team and how the support teams within IPG view Mediabrands. This is a technical role and, as such, requires the individual to be able to diagnose and resolve issues promptly and effectively. When resolving an issue, you will then also communicate the resolution in a manner which is clear to understand to all aspects of the Mediabrands business.
- To be the first point of contact for all technical support to telephone, email and in-person requests from users for all PC hardware, software, and associated peripherals.
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries.
- To redirect or escalate support requests as appropriate to a member of the IT Support function within IPG and third parties.
- To pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Technical Support Team Leader.
- To setup new starters from Active Directory user creation to ensuring all IT equipment is in place for user, as well as removing access through the correct processes when a user leaves the business, within the agreed SLAs.
- To maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the Service Desk Management Team, by performing upgrades, new installations, booking repairs and carrying out routine procedures.
- To proactively assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- To proactively assist in the compilation of the Service Desk’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- To build, install and configure laptops and their operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Service Desk Management Team.
- Security and Compliance: All IT staff must familiarise themselves and comply with all information security and compliance rules, regulations, and policies.
- To liaise with colleagues in all Support and IT teams within IPG to ensure continuity of service for all users.
- To always provide a professional, courteous, and rapid response to individual users.
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- To provide on-site support when requested and required by the Service Desk Management Team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with a Windows operating system (10 or 11) and the O365 suite.
- Working experience and knowledge of macOS and Apple devices.
- Hardware troubleshooting knowledge including laptops, monitors, printers, and AV.
- An understanding of networking and troubleshooting.
- An understanding of Cloud storage solutions such as OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Experience of using a helpdesk ticketing solution (ServiceNow, Remedy, Zendesk, Helix).
- Able to communicate efficiently and courteously, focusing on customer service.
- An appetite to learn and develop, with an outstanding work ethic.
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifices car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!