Senior Service Desk Engineer
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
The role of the Senior Service Desk Engineer is to provide second and third line technical support, and to act as the initial escalation contact for any queries a Service Desk Engineer cannot resolve. They are to ensure that any support issues are dealt with promptly and thoroughly, and to be the point of contact for any escalations to members of the IT Support function within IPG, as well as third parties.
This position plays a key role in how Mediabrands internal customers view the IT Support team and how the support teams within IPG view Mediabrands. This is a technical role and, as such, requires the individual to be able to diagnose and resolve issues promptly and effectively. When resolving an issue, you will then also communicate the resolution in a manner which is clear to understand to all aspects of the Mediabrands business.
- Provide second and third line support for all technical support queries submitted to the Service Desk and those escalated from the Service Desk Engineers.
- Identify, research and resolve more complex and technical problems inherited by the Service Desk.
- Be a key contact for all IT Projects requiring Service Desk involvement.
- To be familiar of all Service Desk Engineer responsibilities for the purpose of covering absence within the team.
- Support the Service Desk Engineers by training, coaching, and assisting them when required.
- Maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the Service Desk Management Team, by performing upgrades, new installations, booking repairs and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation of the Service Desk’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- Security and Compliance: All IT staff must familiarise themselves and comply with all information security and compliance rules, regulations, and policies.
- Build, install and configure laptops and their operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Service Desk Management Team.
- To be a key contact with colleagues in all Support and IT teams within IPG to ensure continuity of service for all users.
- Provide a professional, courteous, and rapid response to individual users.
- Undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Provide on-site support when requested and required by the Service Desk Management Team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Competent knowledge and experience working with a Windows operating system (10 or 11) and the O365 suite.
- Good experience and knowledge of hardware troubleshooting including laptops, monitors, printers, and AV – plus macOS and Apple devices.
- A good understanding of networking and troubleshooting.
- Cloud storage solutions such as OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Experience using a helpdesk ticketing solution (ServiceNow, Remedy, Zendesk, Helix).
- Technical understanding of Active Directory.
- Experience using AutoPilot and package deployment software.
- Able to communicate efficiently and courteously, focusing on customer service.
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifices car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!