Senior Associate, Commerce
UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients' businesses. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. As the leading global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of global clients including Accenture, American Express, GoPro, Johnson & Johnson, Levi Strauss & Co, Sony, and General Mills. UM is globally headquartered in New York, with North American offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Birmingham, Detroit, Montreal, and Toronto.
At UM, we know our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering a culture rooted in Diversity, Equity & Belonging, where everyone feels they belong, and their contributions are valued. We prioritize personal and professional growth, encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to pursue passion projects, and celebrate our people and community with moments of joy and spontaneity. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture of care that permeates every element of the company from work flexibility to career planning to regular talent reviews, and more. Our DNA, for UM, helps guide us in all that we do:
- Fearless: We bring our authentic selves to work and put our whole selves into the work
- Optimistic: We approach challenges with empathy and curiosity, infusing joy into everything we do
- Relentless: We’re unwavering in our pursuit of the right solution, eager to reimagine what’s possible
- Unified: We band together to accomplish what we could not otherwise do alone
- Masterful: We’re constantly growing in our craft, setting new standards for our industry and our world
We are proud to be named an AdAge Best Place to Work several times over, a Top Workplace in the US by Great Places to Work, a top 10 FORTUNE 2022 Best Workplaces in Advertising & Marketing and She Runs It’s 2021 Outstanding Company for Working Mothers. But feedback is most meaningful when it comes from our own people: over 90% of our employees say the agency is a great place to work and 95% say they are proud to work at UM.
We are looking for you - dynamic, best-in-class talent - to join the growing UM Commerce team as a Senior Associate. In this role you will support in the development, planning, buying, executing and measuring media plans for designated shopper/commerce media clients. As a Senior Associate, you will create, innovate, and guide UM Commerce planning and buying processes. You’ll work closely with Planning and Buying teams to allow for holistic Commerce media function.
UM Commerce is a specialty group that focuses on the planning, buying, execution and measurement of Commerce media. Commerce media is any specific media elements that are retailer focused/tagged. This can be in-store signage such as a coupon machine, a billboard driving shoppers to a Walmart store, buying digital ads on Amazon or a Kroger.com site, tapping influencers that support certain retailers or working with shoppable technology companies to ensure ease of conversion. The team supports client’s commerce/shopper/customer marketing teams—our end goal measuring product sales both online and in-store.
Strategy & Execution
- Supports Manager in development, presentation, management and measurement of commerce media programs
- Supports in the creation of client ready materials (e.g. presentations, reporting, etc.)
- Takes lead on managing vendor communications and delivers client communications where appropriate
- Responsible for owning any status documents and timelines whether internal or client facing
- Leads RFP and negotiation process ensuring learnings from previous campaigns are applied
- Input and manage plans within MediaTools where applicable
- Owns Prisma and Trafficking inputs and accuracy
- Monitors media performance at all stages to ensure original objectives are met and works with partners to provide optimization recommendations where applicable
- Day to day lead for billing responsible for actualizing and clearing invoice
- Day to day lead with partners across communication and scheduling of meetings
- Daily collaboration with national planning Sr Associate counterparts to ensure alignment of tactical details to channel allocations and plan strategies from a holistic plan perspective
- Active participants in key vendor meetings ultimately sending recaps/notes for the full team
- Responsible for accurate meeting minutes where appropriate
- Mentor Associates and provide opportunities for continued growth
- Participation in trainings and proactive communication around areas of needed/desired growth for self and Associate
- Proactive idea sharing with internal team
- Seeks out information to remain current on media trends and shares with team members with relevant implications/potential opportunities
- Familiarity with client business objectives and connections to our day to day work
- Support team in development of thought leadership and innovation deliverables
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven problem solving ability
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of working experience required
- Agency and/or Commerce media experience preferred
- Self- sufficient and problem solver
- Gravitas + adept influencing- the personal and professional credibility to carry the system with it
- Innovative drive – comfortable in ‘white space’ work areas and willing to take risks, test the norm, measure and learn forward
- Authentic + humanistic – be approachable, real and human
- Team first – a cultural force for building the best team
- Humor - willing to have fun and not take ourselves too seriously
We See You
At IPG Mediabrands, we are unified behind a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. Together, we shine through a set of shared values and behaviors. We take pride in our responsibility to our clients, communities, and to each other. We embrace differences and recognize the unique value that each of us brings to our community.
We encourage you to apply, as unique backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences are welcomed.
We See You at IPG Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). IPG Mediabrands manages over $47 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients across its full-service agency networks UM, Initiative and Mediahub and through its award-winning specialty business units Healix, Kinesso, MAGNA, Mediabrands Content Studio, Orion Holdings, Rapport, and the IPG Media Lab. IPG Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors including automotive, personal finance, consumer product goods (CPG), pharma, health and wellness, entertainment, financial services, energy, toys and gaming, direct to consumer and e-commerce, retail, hospitality, food and beverage, fashion and beauty. The company employs more than 18,000 diverse marketing communication professionals in more than 130 countries. Learn more at www.ipgmediabrands.com.