Senior Analyst, Research & Analytics
UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients' businesses. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. As the leading global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of global clients including Accenture, American Express, GoPro, Johnson & Johnson, Levi Strauss & Co, Mattel, Sony, and Spotify. UM is globally headquartered in New York, with North American offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Birmingham, Detroit, Montreal, and Toronto.
At UM, we know our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering a culture rooted in Diversity, Equity & Belonging, where everyone feels they belong, and their contributions are valued. We prioritize personal and professional growth, encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to pursue passion projects, and celebrate our people and community with moments of joy and spontaneity. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture of care that permeates every element of the company from work flexibility to career planning to regular talent reviews, and more. Our DNA, for UM, helps guide us in all that we do:
Fearless: We bring our authentic selves to work and put our whole selves into the work
Optimistic: We approach challenges with empathy and curiosity, infusing joy into everything we do
Relentless: We’re unwavering in our pursuit of the right solution, eager to reimagine what’s possible
Unified: We band together to accomplish what we could not otherwise do alone
Masterful: We’re constantly growing in our craft, setting new standards for our industry and our world
We are proud to be named an AdAge Best Place to Work several times over, a Top Workplace in the US by Great Places to Work, a top 10 FORTUNE 2022 Best Workplaces in Advertising & Marketing and She Runs It’s 2021 Outstanding Company for Working Mothers. But feedback is most meaningful when it comes from our own people: over 90% of our employees say the agency is a great place to work and 95% say they are proud to work at UM.
We are looking for you - dynamic, best-in-class talent - to join the Initiative team as a Senior Analyst, Research & Analytics. The Senior Analyst will have responsibility for campaign performance metrics as well as overall business process and network ecosystem data as it relates to defining, designing, and interpreting campaign results. The Senior Analyst will help clients track and measure campaign performances as well as develop reporting and recommendations for optimization. This role is focused on our pharmaceutical clients!
· Provide meaningful insights for internal stakeholders as well as clients regarding areas such as brand health, cross-channel synergy, paid/owned/earned media, and consumer behavior
· Manipulation and analysis of large datasets from multiple sources, including proprietary agency analytics platform
· Summarizing advertising measurements such as reach and frequency, engagement rate, viewability, and fraud
· Accurately evaluate the effectiveness and performance of paid campaign advertising
· Develop and maintain dashboards, including the creation of charts or other visualizations through Tableau or other Business Intelligence platforms to illustrate campaign performance
· Coordinate between different teams, including Advertising Operations, Digital Partnerships, Paid Search and Paid Social teams for campaign trafficking and quality assurance
· Review media plans and placement taxonomy throughout the year especially during planning season
· Build strong relationships with vendors we work with, collect custom report data monthly and ensure partners follow the templates provided for processing
· Support development of KPIs and campaign goals as part of the measurement framework
Required Skills and Experience
· Strong background in digital analytics, understands the media landscape and reporting tools (DCM, Search Ads 360, Facebook Reporting, IAS, Innovid, Prisma, Google Analytics, Tableau, Datorama, Crossix, or Brand Study)
· Experience with data management, ETL process, using tools including SQ, Python, R, and/or Knime
· Familiar with site and floodlight tagging, UTM setup and QA to troubleshoot issues
· Proficient in Microsoft suite of products particularly PowerPoint and Excel, including advanced knowledge of pivot tables and complex formulas
· UM does not require candidates to have a college degree
Desired Skills and Experience
· 2+ years of experience in analytics function or related field
· Strong team player, ability to collaborate across teams to produce insights for reporting and client deliverables
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Ability to help teams build and deliver impactful presentations to clients and internal teams
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and workstreams
· Flexible and adaptable to changing client requests; experience working with clients
· Enjoys problem solving and finding solutions to help clients get answers they need
· Proactively looking for ways to improve processes and bring efficiency to the teams, updating existing processes and enhancing them with better ideas and solutions
We See You
At IPG Mediabrands, we are unified behind a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. Together, we shine through a set of shared values and behaviors. We take pride in our responsibility to our clients, communities, and to each other. We embrace differences and recognize the unique value that each of us brings to our community.
We encourage you to apply, as unique backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences are welcomed.
We See You at IPG Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). IPG Mediabrands manages over $47 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients across its full-service agency networks UM, Initiative and Mediahub and through its award-winning specialty business units Healix, Kinesso, MAGNA, Mediabrands Content Studio, Orion Holdings, Rapport, and the IPG Media Lab. IPG Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors including automotive, personal finance, consumer product goods (CPG), pharma, health and wellness, entertainment, financial services, energy, toys and gaming, direct to consumer and e-commerce, retail, hospitality, food and beverage, fashion and beauty. The company employs more than 18,000 diverse marketing communication professionals in more than 130 countries. Learn more at www.ipgmediabrands.com.