Why work with UM?
Looking to join a star team with a fantastic selection of clients to work with? Let's chat.
- Align with a global media powerhouse
- Progressive and ambitious clients who want industry leading work.
- Experienced and capable teams to accelerate your career.
- Industry leading leave entitlements including; Birthday Leave, Extra annual leave days and up to 16 weeks Paid Parental leave.
- Use of automation and robots to free up staff from repetitive manual tasks
- Family Inclusive Workplace
- Hybrid working policy including remote international opportunities.
- Agency perks including; early finish Fridays, culture club, breakfast, health and wellbeing initiatives, onsite gym, daily meditations, employee assistance programs.
- Ongoing L&D opportunities
Join the Planning team in building media plans across paid, owned, earned and shared media channels. Connect UM's crafts and identify non-traditional partnership opportunities as you drive change in the industry.
This is a role for someone who enjoys working across a diverse portfolio of clients across retail, auto, insurance and energy to name a few. Put on different hats for clients who come with a unique set of challenges and needs - we have a test and learn culture championed by our directors.
- Drive team members to develop a curious and rigorous approach to owned and earned opportunities.
- Own the collaborative workflow across multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
- Work with other business units within UM and craft specialists to help deliver the best outcome for our client KPIs.
- Collaborate with Strategy and Integrated Planning to ensure big ideas are translated to actionable channels across client briefs
- Contribute to new business activities of the agency when required
- Be a champion of the planning craft.
What do you bring?
- Up-to date with communications industry and how it impacts UM.
- Create a positive and motivating work environment of ideation and collaboration.
- Have a detailed level of awareness of the breadth of services delivered by the SBU's and what revenue opportunities exist within each.
- Ability to directly manage a team of up to five (5) people effectively, in addition to supporting the development of the junior trading team.
- Remains consistently up to date about all media trends (both Australian and Global) and up to date knowledge of ever-changing media landscape.
- Demonstration of strong problem-solving skills / come solution ready.
- Market leading approach to driving the Connections Agency process.
- Strong ownership of the development of all Connections Blueprints and Connections Plans.
- Strong business communications skills.
- Ability to identify non-traditional partnership opportunities.
- Driving innovation & first to market opportunities with media owners and non-paid partnerships.
- To have a voice and a point of view that adds value to client’s business and elevates you to advisory status.
- Solid presentation skills for client recommendations.
- Respectful to partners and mindful about the way we treat our agency partners and colleagues.
Be part of the future everyone is searching for. Apply to join the UM Australia team today.
UM Australia is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.