Negotiator, Digital Partnerships
We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Initiative builds Fame & Flow for brands like Nike, Amazon, Merck, and T-Mobile. Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability. Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
We make a promise to our people that we double down on seeing, celebrating & elevating all the things that make you, uniquely you. And just as we do for our brands and clients, we connect our people to the journeys that matter in building a meaningful career.
There are four I’s in Initiative and these represent our core values and behaviors.
- INDIVID[YOU]ALITY – you bring your genuine and unique self to and into the work, every day.
- INSTINCT – you’re tuned in and armed with intelligence; you have a bias for action – shit happens when you’re around.
- IMPACT! – you care deeply about the impact you have on our clients, their customers, our community, the media landscape and our world at large.
- IMAGINATION – your ability to imagine and bring to life the ideas, solutions, and the future of Initiative, makes us THE create media agency in the world.
The Negotiator, Digital Partnerships develops, recommends, executes and evaluates digital media plans from inception to completion with oversight from a Sr. Negotiator or Partnerships Manager. The Negotiator works closely with the Manager and Sr. Negotiator to develop a plan that meets client’s budgets and objectives with clear rationale.
- Attend regular partners meetings, client and creative statuses and maintain on-going rapport
- Analyze and provide clients with research data and media/marketing information
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and manage media plans for Digital (display, mobile,social, video, search)
- Provide guidance to Associates
- Mentor and assist in the training of Associates
- Work closely with Strategy and Communications Design teams to ensure that overall strategy is woven into all media choices
- Partner selection recommendation and justification designed to deliver on client KPI’s using the most sophisticated use of data and analytics, via multi-faceted, strategic partnerships, while delivering maximum strategic value and efficiency
- Conduct industry research using various media tools such as comScore, @Plan, eMarketer as well as general research via the web
- Develop the RFPs and oversee the submission process with media partners
- Continually vet out real-time opportunities to ensure our clients are remaining competitive
- Develop industry and partner POV’s with Manager’s oversight
- Participate in the development of KPI’s with Strategy
- Oversee all production timelines, creative development and creative hand-offs to ensure campaign launches on time and without issue (unless team has Project Manager scoped for business)
- Evaluate partner proposals, negotiate plan details and develop plan
- Oversee campaign implementation, optimization, and performance of campaign activities including authorizations, insertion orders (IO’s), budgets, creative, reporting and the billing and reconciliation process
- Manage all partner specific budget allocation, optimization, media partnership programs and added value details
- Secure best in class marketplace pricing
- Foster strong relationships with media partners
- Knowledge of MAGNA’s investment strategies
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with campaign management/ad serving technology and third party market research tools such as Double Click DART, Atlas DMT, comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen NetView, @Plan, eMarketer
- Proficient understanding of accounting principles, data analyzing, and market research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid negotiating skills and experience collaborating with Strategy and Communications Design teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word • Knowledgeable in media math
- Proficient with MBox or equivalent Inventory Management system
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to work as part of a team in a deadline-driven, high-pressure environment
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- 1+ years of Media experience. Preferably as a Partnerships Associate Skills
- Proven problem solving ability
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
We See You
At IPG Mediabrands, we are unified behind a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. Together, we shine through a set of shared values and behaviors. We take pride in our responsibility to our clients, communities, and to each other. We embrace differences and recognize the unique value that each of us brings to our community.
We encourage you to apply, as unique backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences are welcomed.
We See You at IPG Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). IPG Mediabrands manages over $47 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients across its full-service agency networks UM, Initiative and Mediahub and through its award-winning specialty business units Healix, Kinesso, MAGNA, Mediabrands Content Studio, Orion Holdings, Rapport, and the IPG Media Lab. IPG Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors including automotive, personal finance, consumer product goods (CPG), pharma, health and wellness, entertainment, financial services, energy, toys and gaming, direct to consumer and e-commerce, retail, hospitality, food and beverage, fashion and beauty. The company employs more than 18,000 diverse marketing communication professionals in more than 130 countries. Learn more at www.ipgmediabrands.com.