Remote · United States
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
About the role:
The Clinical Instructor will be an experienced mental health clinician responsible for development and delivery of clinical training for Equip’s provider teams. You will work closely with the Manager of Provider Training & Consultation, other Clinical Instructors, the Training Operations Manager, Instructional Designers, and Care Delivery leaders as part of Equip’s provider training program. Responsibilities will include the design and development of e-learning courses, design and delivery of live training, live video review and feedback sessions, short term supervision, development of training resources, and training evaluation for a team of multidisciplinary providers, including mental health professionals, registered dietitians, peer support workers, and medical professionals. This position will aid in the training of new, onboarding providers as well as ongoing training of Equip providers. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is engaging interpersonally, has excellent public speaking skills, works well in teams, is experienced in a variety of training modalities (e.g., didactic, role play, tape review, supervision), and motivated by the ultimate goal of training providers to deliver high quality, evidence-based treatments for eating disorders and related mental health conditions so that everyone can achieve lasting recovery.
- Under the direction of the Manager of Provider Training and Consultation, design and deliver live, internal trainings for providers of all backgrounds, including mental health professionals, registered dietitians, peer support workers, and medical professionals
- Collaborate with care delivery leaders and Equip providers in identification of training needs and in the design and delivery of live training
- Serve as a subject matter expert in collaboration with Instructional Designers to provide clinical content for e-learning courses
- Design training materials and resources to support live and e-learning trainings
- Provide short term supervision to new, onboarding providers
- Review session recordings and deliver live feedback to providers
- Update and iterate on existing Equip trainings and training materials
- Design evaluation methods for Equip training in collaboration with the Manager of Training Operations and the Equip Research team
- Complete administrative tasks related to the scheduling and organization of Equip training sessions, tracking of new provider training requirements, and evaluation of Equip training sessions.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a clinical mental health field
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
- Experience in delivering Family-Based Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and/or Enhanced Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Demonstrated experience leading live trainings either in person or online
- Strong skills in communication and presentation design
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experienced in use of Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Experience collaborating with diverse, multidisciplinary teams Organized and results-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Flexibility to work all time zones
Bonus if you have the following:
- Preferred: PhD or PsyD in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment through insurance
- Experience in conducting literature searches, consuming, and evaluating research
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.