Licensed Telehealth Therapist
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
About the role: Must be fully licensed and live in PST or MST time zone.
We are searching for a highly motivated and organized, independently licensed therapist to provide direct care to Equip’s patients and families. The ideal candidate will have interest, knowledge, and experience in treating patients with eating disorders. The candidate must be able to work closely and effectively with a multidisciplinary care team and deliver family-based treatment to those with eating disorders. Candidates will be responsible for evidence-based treatment delivery, quality documentation, and ongoing assessment of families needs.
- Provide evidence-based family, individual, and group therapy for eating disorders in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Implement family-based treatment (FBT) for patients with eating disorders and their loved ones
- Participate in initial and ongoing trainings
- Assess and diagnose mental health conditions
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, dietitians, patient mentors, and family mentors, along with outside providers
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip’s EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engage and collaborate in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Active, unrestricted, and independent license to practice psychotherapy from at least one US state
- Ability to manage a caseload of diverse patients with varying degrees of acuity
- Passion for evidence-based care and treatment
- Ability to provide care 2 evenings per week (8pm in candidate’s time zone)
- Enthusiastic, strong team player a must
- Ability to safely and effectively deliver care in a virtual setting
Bonus if you have the following
- Experience in FBT or eating disorder treatment
- Experience with evidence-based treatment or intensive treatment settings
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.