DEIB Director (Health Care Experience)
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
Equip is looking for a DEIB Director to join our People Team. The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to design, develop, deliver the DEIB strategy at Equip; partnering with People Team colleagues, assessing systems and processes, developing programs, cultivating partnerships internally and externally, and designing policies to ensure equitable and inclusive practices across all parts of our organization. This role reports to the SVP of People who is an executive team member. A successful candidate will have unique access to and ability to partner with and influence the senior executive team, leaders across the business, and influential stakeholders. We are a small and fast-growing company, so this role will require creativity, an ability to flex between driving strategic outcomes and executing effectively. The DEIB Director is an activator - an ambitious self-starter who loves to learn, take initiative, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Partner with leadership team members and the Equip for All Inclusion Council to drive projects from ideation to execution in order to scale and operationalize DEIB initiatives across the employee lifecycle.
- Perform risk and change impact assessments, propose industry-leading, creative solutions and influence leadership to take action.
- Create agile and automated tools, dashboards and metrics that assess our progress towards true DEIB.
- Champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging internally and externally - work with the Talent Acquisition and Enablement team to weave DEIB in all talent processes including recruitment and performance management.
- Partner with the Talent Enablement team to create a DEIB leadership model and learning opportunities for all Equip employees.
- Partner with the Equip For All Inclusion Council to lead the development and success of our Employee Connection Groups.
- Advise on internal communications to ensure that messaging reflects our DEIB values.
- 7+ years within diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in organizations, and 3+ years leading the DEIB function in an organization.
- Experience building DEIB efforts from the ground up, especially in fast growing environments
- Experience collaborating with and coaching executive leaders, organizational leaders, and hiring managers
- Experience in the eating disorder health and care field is a plus.
- Expertise in building cross-functional relationships, defining and communicating program deliverables, and driving influence and engagement with stakeholders.
- Strong project and program management skills, particularly cross-functionally
- Skilled with qualitative and quantitative data to measure efforts, identify patterns and generate insights to drive business results
- Excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills (verbal and written) to manage sensitive conversations, influencing ways of thinking and keep others informed of project progress and escalations
- Self-directed, able to perform responsibilities independently with minimal direction
- Strong desire and ability to be a team player and who has a learner’s mindset
- A passion for the Company's mission and values
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?