Software Engineer, Compute
About the Team
Help us build the world's most reliable, on-demand logistics engine for last-mile delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
As a member of the Compute Team, you will own and extend our Compute Platform, enabling other teams to run their services on our scalable and highly available Kubernetes infrastructure. You will report into the Engineering Manager on the Compute Team in the Core Infrastructure organization. This role is expected to be 100% remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with a fantastic bunch of highly talented and collaborative teammates and colleagues.
- Support the deployment and operation of multiple highly available K8S clusters.
- Establish and enforce best practices for K8S, including deployment patterns, sizing, etc.
- Develop solutions with support for monitoring, metrics, and automation.
- Collaborate with other teams to influence design for engineering excellence.
- Design, develop, and deliver significant features and components to improve and enable service-to-service communication needs for all DoorDash teams in a secure, robust, and scalable way.
- Work in a 100% Cloud Environment (AWS) and use tools and services like Argo Workflows, Argo CD, kOps, Prometheus, etc.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years of experience in Infrastructure and/or Platform.
- You have prior experience with modern infrastructure tooling, such as Kubernetes, as an administrator or operator in a production setting, e.g. container orchestration, cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc.), and infrastructure-as-code tools.
- You have strong development skills in Go, Python or other programming languages.
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience designing, developing, operating, and debugging high-traffic production systems.
- Have experience using AWS cloud services
- Have strong knowledge of Linux or similar operating systems and networking.
- Are curious and driven to understand the needs of your customers.
- Believe in providing valuable abstractions, clear customer SLOs, and meaningful KPIs.
- Have prior contributions to projects within the CNCF community.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?