Director, Competition & Litigation
About the Team
DoorDash’s Legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for our highly collaborative and supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We are a diverse group of lawyers and legal professionals with a shared passion for providing creative and best-in-class service to our business partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value and respect each other as teammates. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is seeking a talented attorney with deep experience in competition and antitrust law to join our growing legal team. The Director, Competition and Litigation will act as the lead attorney and subject matter expert on all things related to competition law. Candidates should have strong attention to detail, be execution oriented, have high business acumen, superior analytical and writing skills, and should be enthusiastic, well organized, and a team player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a healthy dose of humor and humility are also essential.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the Legal Team’s main point of contact for all competition law related issues.
- Manage any threatened or actual litigation or regulatory inquiries related to antitrust or competition law.
- Work with the corporate legal, product legal, commercial legal and corporate development teams in evaluating potential acquisition and partnership opportunities from a competition perspective.
- Provide counsel to key business stakeholders on the potential impact of competition and antitrust laws on the business.
- Strengthen education and training for key stakeholders on issues of competition law.
- Partner with policy and government relations teams to develop relationships with external and internal legal professionals, academics, government officials, and/or partners to protect and advocate DoorDash’s interests.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a J.D.
- You have 10+ years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department, handling antitrust and competition law counseling and litigation.
- You’re familiar with antitrust litigation including managing the collection, review, and production of documents, preparing witnesses for depositions and/or trial testimony; and complying with third party subpoenas.
- You have experience handling regulatory inquiries regarding issues of antitrust and competition law.
- You have experience performing due diligence for and advising on competition issues in connection with corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You’re able to craft legal solutions in novel ways, provide practical advice and properly balance risks and business reward.
- You have strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-moving, quickly-changing environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently.
- You’re an outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing with the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining an open-minded approach.
- You have a positive attitude (no task is too big or too small!)
Nice to Haves
- Prior in-house experience at a technology or sharing economy company.
- Experience practicing before and/or on behalf of a government regulator.
- Experience with international competition law issues.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.