Manager, Internal Audit - IT
About the Team
At DoorDash, the Internal Audit team aims to provide independent assurance that DoorDash’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. We are a small team that is looking to expand and bring on motivated professionals in this field. We don’t think of ourselves as a typical audit function - we are obsessively focused on risks to the organizations which reflects in the type of projects we support and execute.
DoorDash is rapidly growing - we are expanding in multiple geos and launching new products. This exciting growth allows us to drive creative analysis, strategy, and solutions. Our focus areas include financial, operational, regulatory, security, IT, and more.
About the Role
We’re hiring an IT Internal Audit Manager, who will help us execute complex technology audits and assessments to manage risks to DoorDash. You will work with business teams at DoorDash to develop an understanding of our critical processes and controls end to end, ensure the sufficiency of IT controls in the process, create succinct documentation and reporting, and enable DoorDash leaders to improve our risk posture and better manage our risk.
You will report into the Sr. Manager, IT Internal Audit on our Internal Audit team in our Finance organization.
This role may work 100% remotely or hybrid in the San Francisco or Seattle office, depending on individual preference. This team works in Pacific Time zone hours.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will participate in the execution of the SOX and complex IT audits (including security, complex system implementations, operational audits etc).
- You will review and understand business risks and determine how IT controls are addressing these risks.
- You will be involved in testing as well as review of control workpaper documentation.
- You will supervise, review, and coach other team members on related technical work.
- You will track and investigate underlying issues in processes or controls, using the remediation log.
- You will work with both external auditors and co-source providers to monitor progress of project timelines and ensure all requirements are sufficiently being met.
- You will assess and report on audit findings including control weaknesses as well as assist with impact assessment of these findings.
- You will assist technology partners with the development of the Management Action Plan to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the plan.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of experience planning and executing IT SOX audit and special IT audits with focus on major project developments (SDLC), Change management, Access Security, Interface/Integrations.
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- You have experience collaborating with a geographically distributed team.
- You can operate as both a lead and as an individual contributor.
- You have experience identifying key business risks and controls in ERP applications and cloud systems like Workday, Salesforce, Netsuite, AWS, GitHub.
- You have an understanding of controls in engineering processes like agile and DevOps models.
- You have a logical understanding of programming constructs and knowledge of commonly used programming languages like SQL, Python, and Java is a plus.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.