Director, Strategy & Operations Fraud
About the Team
The fraud team’s mission is to ensure that all activity on the DoorDash platform is done in good faith, facilitating growth across all three sides of the marketplace. We work hand in hand with our Consumer Experience, Marketplace, and New Verticals teams to create nuanced solutions to some of DoorDash’s toughest problems, driving both efficiency and growth for the business.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a leader to drive the vision and strategy for the Fraud team - you’ll own efficiency and growth targets on all three sides of our marketplace: consumer, dasher, and merchant. You will report into the head of Integrity S&O (Fraud + Trust and Safety) in our Customer Experience and Integrity organization. We expect this role to be hybrid, with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – You will set a customer-first vision. You must be comfortable with ambiguity & embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and many right answers.
- Build & Own – You will develop and lead 0 to 1 opportunities. You will create the roadmap for new products and services, determining how to invest our resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail – You will need to bring multi-channel campaigns to life, dive into data, and obsess over user journeys to make sure we create a best in class experience that delights every customer and creates value for every merchant.
- Collaborate - You value partnerships, and will excel at motivating partners at all levels across Operations, Product, Sales, Engineering, and more to problem solve and improve our consumer product
- Lead & Advocate – You will build momentum with stakeholders for your team’s work, measure the impact on the marketplace, ask for help when needed, and invest in developing a strong team.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a strong bias for action and want to shape the vision and direction of the company. You don't hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You're a strong operator and experience leading cross-functional projects. You have a talent for managing complex projects and enjoy implementing processes & building playbooks to increase efficiency. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You like data and summarizing complex problems. You let data win arguments, are comfortable distilling meaningful metrics from large datasets and are excited to use Excel and SQL in your role.
- You are a humble leader and crave responsibility. You can build a diverse team of strong performers, influencing and motivating people at all levels across a variety of job functions, and helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders
- You have 10+ years of experience in product marketing, program management, operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, high-growth or early-stage startup or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or Master’s Degree a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.