Senior Insurance Claims Specialist
About the Team
The Risk & Insurance team at DoorDash is responsible for all things corporate insurance at the company. We are a rapidly growing and exciting function that helps DoorDash manage risk and safety with a close lens on the company's bottom line. The team is divided into three separate subgroups: Actuarial, Claims Operations, and Risk Management & Mitigation. We are looking for forward thinkers excited to help build out this newly-formed team and match our ambitious cross-functional partners at DoorDash.
About the Role
We are looking for Senior Insurance Claims Specialist who will be a member of DoorDash's Corporate Risk & Insurance function with the Finance & Strategy team. You will work with our insurance carrier partners and third-party claims administrators with a focus on auto insurance claims. You will help form a comprehensive strategy around claims handling at DoorDash. Prior insurance experience is required, with an understanding of injury and property damage claims.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Enjoy a hybrid work schedule.
- Enter data with precision and swiftness.
- Manage multiple operating systems simultaneously.
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders utilizing outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Manage multiple priorities with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ensure that sensitive information is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Identify and investigate insurance exposures by reviewing complex and serious injury loss reports, legal documents, and supporting materials for domestic and international auto accidents, general liability incidents, workers' compensation, and occupational accidents.
- Investigate and address escalating incidents. This involves identifying potential issues, assessing the severity of the risk, and taking appropriate steps to mitigate the risk and prevent further escalation. It also means maintaining detailed records of the incident and following up with stakeholders to ensure that the issue has been resolved.
- Manage ongoing projects. This involves working closely with management to set project goals, establish timelines, and allocate resources.
- Provide proactive and constructive feedback to peers in a manner conducive to their preferred learning style.
- Contribute to process improvements and provide constructive input regularly.
We're excited about you because…
- 3+ years in insurance claims adjusting, Trust and Safety, Fraud, Risk Management, or a related role
- Experience working with or for a gig or sharing economy company
- Experience handling high-priority escalations and working promptly to provide resolutions
- Enthusiasm for Insurance
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.