New Vertical Merchant Selection Strategy & Intel
About the Team
The New Verticals Business Development team unlocks merchant selection and provides strategic partnership services for key Grocery, Retail, Convenience, and Alcohol merchants. We help our merchants reach new customers and expand their business via strategic initiatives, and are looking to build the team to support unlocking additional selection in order to delight our customers and drive growth for our merchants.
The Recruiting Technology & Analytics team designs and delivers strategic technology projects and data-driven insights in support of the Recruiting Team’s efforts to hire the best talent in the world. We’re developing technology solutions in and around Greenhouse and Workday, data visualizations in Tableau, and are looking to build the team to support and enable continued growth. We’re looking for strong individuals who can come in and help shape a best-in-class New Vertical merchant team at DoorDash.
About the Role
You will shape DoorDash's New Verticals merchant selection strategy and refine our selection intelligence models across our alcohol, floral, grocery, convenience, and retail businesses. You will help ensure we have the right merchants on our platform and ensure onboarding is a smooth experience. This is an individual contributor position. You will report into the Senior Manager of New Verticals Merchant Strategy & Operations on our New Verticals Business Development Team in our Enterprise organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop the merchant selection strategy for alcohol, floral, grocery, convenience, and retail businesses across the US and Canada in close collaboration with dynamic, high performing merchant and analytics teams
- Leverage outside data sources to to understand core selection gaps by vertical (e.g. alcohol, grocery, pets, etc) & cross-vertical across enterprise, midmarket, regional, and small businesses
- Uplevel merchant selection intelligence models and revamp existing processes including lead list generation and enrichment
- Develop, refine, and maintain New Vertical Merchant Selection OKRs to push our business forward
- Use data driven insights to influence strategic decisions that will shape the future of New Verticals
- Champion solutions to enhance the merchant experience; where a product or operations solution is needed to unlock growth and reduce friction, you will advocate for those resources with central partners.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a BA/BS degree in quantitative or business fields, or an additional 4+ years of work experience in quantitative or business fields.
- You solve problems from a first principles perspective and resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot; you don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring cross functional partners.
- You’re analytical and comfortable building complex SQL queries across multiple data sources and have experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools.
- You have a proven ability to analyze, manipulate, and merge large, complex data sets to find key insights and actionable takeaways.
- You have experience creating business cases, strategy docs, and presenting key findings to executive audiences; your strong communication skills enable you to effectively communicate with & persuade cross functional stakeholders.
- You’ve succeeded in fast-paced cultures and know how to optimize and improve processes while designing for scale (i.e. automation)
- Nice to Haves
- You have a background in grocery, convenience, alcohol or retail industries
- You have a strong understanding of retail market dynamics and industry competition
- You have a master’s degree in a quantitative field
- You have experience managing relationships with external partners.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.