Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations, Platform Innovation
About the Team
The Platform Innovation team leads up the strategy, launch + scaling of DoorDash’s newest bets for its’ white-label restaurants business.
About the Role
You will report into our Senior Manager + Head of Platform Innovation and serve as a member of our broader Restaurant Platform organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a unique startup opportunity within DoorDash with an aggressive growth trajectory at the ground floor; you will get to work on multiple parts of the business over time and grow your toolset
- Work directly with our restaurants to make sure our product runs as smoothly as possible
- You will own the build of functional areas for the business from the bottom up before handing it off to the broader DoorDash organization
- You will scale a business at a rapid pace while working with directly world-class leaders such as DoorDash’s Co-Founder + VP of Restaurant Platform team at a junior level
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2-4 years of working experience in roles such as but not limited to: startup/ restaurant tech/software strategy & operations, consulting, or banking.
- You are a flawless executor who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get to the lowest level of detail to solve problems
- You love building process; we are building a product that requires DoorDash to operate differently - this requires new systems and ways of doing business
- Your cross-functional partners love you; we are a small scrappy team which means that we work closely across teams and departments to reach our goals; you can communicate, collaborate and drive alignment across product, engineering, sales, onboarding + support
- You are analytical; your first instinct is to go deep in the data to solve our problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / Google products; knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 1 week / month for restaurant visits + offsites / team co-working
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 3/25/2024.