Real Estate Portfolio Administrator
About the Team
The Real Estate and Facility Operations team is a crucial function within the DoorDash Finance team. We manage the operations and are integral in delivering a best in class office and warehouse experience that supports the diverse and growing needs at DoorDash. We operate offices that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional, as well as industrial and retail spaces that are efficient and adaptable. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing their very best work.
You’ll be a vital part of a team that helps prepare DoorDash for where it is going, and enable the continued growth of our portfolio.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Real Estate Portfolio Administrator to report to the Senior Manager of Real Estate and Facility Operations. In this role, you will manage all lease obligations and support the scaling of our diverse real estate portfolio, as we expand and evolve to support our business. You will need to be a master at handling multiple tasks and projects with a “no-job-is-too-small” attitude, an ability to take thoughtful initiative, and the desire to go above and beyond. You will ensure compliance in lease reporting, auditing and approving lease abstractions, assist with portfolio planning, and other ongoing portfolio management activities. This role will require exceptional communication skills, organizational skills, strong attention to detail, resourcefulness, and the ability to work well with a diverse range of cross functional partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a critical team member in the management of our expanding global portfolio, including tracking critical dates and driving strategic real estate decisions.
- Review and approve new lease/amendment abstractions to ensure 100% accuracy in our lease database and administration system.
- Partner with our Construction Management team to ensure recovery of all TIA.
- Work closely with Lease Accounting to ensure full sox and FASB 842 compliance.
- Work with Landlords, Transaction Management and Construction teams on assorted post-lease documentation including commencement date agreements, estoppels, & SNDAs.
- Contact Landlord regarding maintenance and repair issues related to the building and common areas that are Landlord's responsibility under the Lease and monitor the progress.
- Coordinate sublease projects with subTT and obtain Landlord approval.
- Provide ownership responsibilities to the Facilities team per the Lease.
- Work with legal to issue notices to Landlords and Lease Accounting to issue invoices applicable to the Lease language.
- Interact with Landlords in order to facilitate completion of paperwork required under the Lease, and walk them through the provisions, if necessary.
- Establish timely deadlines with the Landlord for self-help rights if not established in the lease and inform Facilities of expectations.
- Monitor and collect reimbursements from Landlords for lease cap, self-help and security deposits.
- Work alongside internal and external audit teams to ensure a seamless and successful audit process.
- Foster strong relationships with cross-functional partners and ensure alignment across the organization.
- Provide accurate and timely critical date reporting for lease/option renewals, terminations and other key milestones.
- Partner and hold our third party vendor accountable to the reconciliation of monthly payments.
- Partner with our third party vendor as needed to research and resolve payment disputes with Landlords.
- Liaise with lease accounting, lease technology team and our third party team.
- Support the preparation of monthly portfolio metric reporting.
- Support special projects and assignments as required.
- Develop and maintain process playbooks.
- Review and audit CAM reconciliations.
- Maintain portfolio asset tracker and execute documentation.
We’re excited about you because…
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Think big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission in order to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Be an owner, no problem is too big, too small or outside of your scope. You always jump in and help.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail, You are a detail-oriented individual who thrives on managing deadlines and accurately performing your work.
- Have a strong understanding of lease agreements, terminology, lease accounting principles.
- Have 3+ years of experience managing a global real estate portfolio. You bring expertise and understanding of commercial leases including extensive exposure to office and commercial portfolios.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in understanding and interpreting complex lease language and CAM charges
- Proficiency with lease database tools
- Understanding of legal terminology as it pertains to leases and real estate
- Ability to understand, abstract, and communicate lease requirements to stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and research skills required
- Salesforce, Smartsheets, LeaseCalc, Google Suite experience a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.