Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations - Profitability & Efficiency
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We provide the premier white-label delivery service capability, enabling our merchants (restaurants, grocers, retailers, etc.) to reach customers through their own first-party channels while leveraging their own brand identity and voice. Cost and efficiency play a massive role in our ability to drive profitability and scale the business.
About the Role
You will report into the Senior Manager of our Non-Restaurant Cost & Efficiency Team, and will play a pivotal role in driving company growth by optimizing cost & efficiency for our largest partners. Specifically, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies alongside cross-functional partners to reduce operating cost and increase profitability for the Drive Non-Restaurants business.
Your responsibilities will include:
Developing & executing cost reduction strategy,
- Identify opportunities to improve dasher efficiency and execute operational tests to identify the most effective levers
- Analyze the dasher experience and identify opportunities to reduce support and refund related costs
- Create internal reporting to track progress against cost reduction goals
- Size, scope, and prioritize product and analytics asks necessary to deliver on cost reduction strategy
Driving merchant acquisition and retention by ensuring we are providing accurate and competitive pricing throughout the deal negotiation process:
- Proactively identify opportunities to reduce merchant fees
- Collaborate with Business Development and General Managers to ensure deal models have accurate cost assumptions
- Partner with Finance to build/maintain accurate pricing models to streamline deal process
- Build models/tooling for Business Development and General Managers to size cost reduction opportunities
The best candidates:
- Can think strategically and creatively to solve complex problems
- Are data oriented (SQL experience a plus)
- Are comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Understand the importance of ownership and have a track record of driving impact
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Increase profitability - drive higher profit margins by identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Lead high visibility projects - address Drive’s most unique and challenging questions
- Deep dive into data to solve problems - pull and work with complex datasets; SQL experience encouraged
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders - work with various teams, such as Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics and Legal, to drive scalable growth
- Own business strategy and outcomes - use data and insights to formulate strategy, provide recommendations and develop operational plans to share with leadership team
- Execute operational plans - take responsibility for implementation plans and go-to-market of new product initiatives
- Explore high growth opportunities - work closely with partners to understand their evolving needs and make the case internally if there is a sizeable opportunity
We're excited about you because you…
- Have 2-3 years of experience in in strategy, operations, financial services, consulting or a like role
- Enjoy working with cross-functional teams and have a strong penchant for influencing others to achieve desired outcomes
- Display extreme ownership over multiple projects and workstreams, while ruthlessly prioritizing what will actually move the needle
- Are comfortable with building and running analytical exercises to deep dive business performance
- Can think strategically and creatively to come up with solutions to complex problems
- Are a self-starter; you aren’t afraid of failure, have a bias towards action and can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution
- Are humble and hungry; you’re willing to get your hands dirty and are open to feedback
- Demonstrate strong communication and reporting skills; can summarize complex issues into succinct problem statements and can provide high-level business commentary to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.