Engineering Manager, New Verticals - Consumer Affordability
About the Team
The New Verticals group is a collection of Product Managers, Engineers, and Operators defining and building on our vision of connecting customers to the best of their cities all across the world – whether that's a new neighborhood restaurant, a trusted nearby grocery store, or a local retailer.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Consumer Affordability engineering team. This team is responsible for driving category growth by managing pricing of goods across our Grocery, Convenience, Alcohol and Retail businesses.
As an Engineering Manager, you will partner closely with stakeholders to define the pricing strategy and drive execution of projects that help achieve our bottom line goals.
This team is based in the Bay Area and you will report into a Senior Engineering Manager within our New Verticals organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and grow a team of exceptional backend and client-side engineers delivering end-to-end engineering solutions
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Business leaders, and key stakeholders to determine the team's roadmap and vision, and manage execution against that roadmap
- Provide architectural guidance and professional development for a team of 7+
- Encourage innovation, teamwork, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Oversee the hiring process for your team, in partnership with recruiting, to grow a diverse and inclusive team
We're excited about you because you have…
- BS, M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management leading full-stack teams (backend, web, & mobile) of 5+ engineers
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a fast-paced, product-focused development environment
- Experience with distributed system design, system scaling, and performance optimization
- Hands-on leadership and strong product intuition
- Humility - willing to get into the details and open to feedback
- Growth mindset - you're eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Adaptability, resiliency, and ability to thrive in ambiguity - things can change quickly, and you'll need to help the team evolve
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.