About the Team
The International Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist to guide measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making using Advanced Analytics approaches, as we expand our logistics platform across the globe. Data Scientists at DoorDash work to uncover insights and turn them into actionable recommendations, helping drive decisions for the entire organisation. Analytics is very integral to all operational areas at DoorDash!
About the Role
Data Science at DoorDash involves diving deeper into our data to solve crucial business problems, ideate & run experiments to solve for insights gleaned from this deep dive and work with a cross-functional team to drive real-world operational change. It is NOT just about building Machine Learning models and putting them into production. This is a rare operational and actionable data-driven experience.
We solve many exciting challenges from all three sides of our marketplace including customer acquisition, balancing supply and demand, fraud and support, marketing, marketplace efficiency, and more. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build a market from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect revenue, growth, operations or beyond, we're looking for someone like you!
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a first-class thought partner to our product, business, finance and executive teams and help them make decisions on what’s next for DoorDash
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, Python, R, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing and other experimentation techniques to validate your findings
- Provide insights to enable our cross-functional team to understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviours, and long-term trends
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills, know how to effectively collaborate well with strategy, operations, product, finance and engineering and set priorities
We're excited about you because you have…
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Experience leading /owning strategic projects to completion with a cross-functional team
- Experience working with experimentation techniques (A/B testing, Causal Inference) and interpreting hypothesis testing
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Python or R
- Very experienced with SQL queries, Basic ETL, Regression techniques
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualisation tools
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.